Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: z450?

z450?

hey, how do you guys think a new z450 (rmz450 powered quad)would rank against the yfz450 and the new 450r??
    2k3 Z450, gtthunder stroker 450, 40mm fcr, hotcams, port & polished, ti FMF full exhaust, dyna ignition, gussetted frame, hardcore hubs, lonestar stem, janssen arms & swinger, elka's all around and linkage, mxr4's and itp beadlocks, fullbore plastic, ......only thing stock are the brake calipers

2k6 ltr450 -ac bumper and propegs, cherry bomb, full yoshi

no one can tell...it depends on how much they detune it

i think it will if it has reverse than even better

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    i don't keep up with bikes much...

but i thought suzuki/kawi released a rmz/kxz 250f only not a 450...

personally i know their bikes are the weakest outta the major 5 builders... i'd expect the quad to be the same... but who knows...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

Actually their new 250 fourstroke bikes are just as good as the Hondas and Yamahas, they are even winning all the shoutouts just because they seem to have the best of both Honda and Yamaha.

the way i see it is that in the begining of the new era honda came out with the 400ex and it was fine, it got the job done and reopened the whole high performance market again. then yamaha followed suit and released a nasty raptor, again it did a great job but it was not really race-able due to the open class engine it had. and last but not least suzuki unleashed the z400 and in my opinion blew the competition away. then again yamaha unveiled the yfz450 a short while later which is just sick!! and again honda (tryin not to be out done) came out with the 450r which is very nice i have ridden one already and it had plenty of power but i still believe the yamaha has the advantage. but it seems to me suzuki is hiding in the corner waiting and building a better quad out of the rmz450. like it has in the past, it already knows what the competition is so it doing some R&D to crush them again like the Z did to the raptor and 400ex. this is just my opinion and if u can't tell i'm a Z fan. let me know what u think!
    2k3 Z450, gtthunder stroker 450, 40mm fcr, hotcams, port & polished, ti FMF full exhaust, dyna ignition, gussetted frame, hardcore hubs, lonestar stem, janssen arms & swinger, elka's all around and linkage, mxr4's and itp beadlocks, fullbore plastic, ......only thing stock are the brake calipers

2k6 ltr450 -ac bumper and propegs, cherry bomb, full yoshi

jb500ex is offline www.cardiostackracing.com
    hopefully it will handle better then the z the frame won't crack like the z and the axle won't snap like the z

From what I have been told by a very good source on the "inside" the new Z450 will be released sometime this spring (they thought probably in March) I only know of a couple things this bike will have
    1) all aluminum frame
    2) no reverse
    The new motor is supposed to just flat out own.
    Kawasaki will have their bike out sometime late this year or early next year. And this bike will NOT be a makeover Suzuki.

Here we go again. This sounds like the old 450R talks about the aluminum frame, fuel injection, etc. Rumor has it that Suzuki will release the 450 dirt bike this summer and the quad should shortly follow. I would imagine they will be contenders with Yamaha and Honda. The Z400 is a great quad, so I would expect the new 450 to be too.
    '04 YFZ 450
    '04 TRX 450R - SOLD
    '03 KFX 400 - SOLD
    www.motorsportsofutah.com

well it's not here we go, the information i received is from a guy that does r & d for suzuki, he is a person that is a big name guy in our industry. I am just relaying what he told me a week or so ago.
    I owned a Z400 and it was a good bike! It just wasn't exactly what I wanted.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast