Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any tips on how to strengthen a wrist that was cracked?

Any tips on how to strengthen a wrist that was cracked?

Last racing season I cracked a bone between my hand and my wrist. It never really heeled 100% and when I bend it back as far as I can it pinches a little.I was just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before or knew any ways to help strengthen it to keep it from cracking again.

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    dude i have the same problems in my wrists i have broke both wrists now and my leg hurts all the time... i really never did find a cure but i do baby my wrists alot... id unno what to tell u i never found a cure...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

same here....my right leg, right wrist, lower back and upper back always hurt.....im only 16 and i feel like someone over 60.....and im joining the army next fall hehe......

I just suck it up, and ride harder. go to this link and see what one side of my arm looks like, http://www.angelfire.com/mac/trx400ex/pics.html
    Last edited by 400exRacerX; 02-27-2002 at 08:31 PM.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

go to the local store and find a wrist brace that you can wrap around your wrist while riding,,I had to do this last year and it really really helped..kinda like an ace bandage,,but made just for your wrist..

I did a very similar thing the last mx race of last season. I broke my left wrist in 5 different places. I had surgery and was put back together using a external fixiator.
    Anyways, last weekend was my first time back on the mx track. It was rough. I bought a set of wrist braces from EVS. They seem to help out a lot. They gave support without inhibiting my ability to hold on.

Keep working your wrist out as much as possible.
    2003 Cannondale Canibal
    2000 Race Ready 416ex STOLEN!!
    1984 ATC 70
    2003 Sponsors:
    Agony Racing
    ET Performance

Liquid Performance
    K&N Filters

Oneal

AC Racing

Houser Racing

Originally posted by Rico
    go to the local store and find a wrist brace that you can wrap around your wrist while riding,,I had to do this last year and it really really helped..kinda like an ace bandage,,but made just for your wrist..
    Thats what I do also since I hurt my wrist, it helps alot
    Toys: A small boat and some beach bicycles

i got the to end all wrist strengthening work out. get a broom stick or other round like object. Drill a hole threw it in the middle and run one end of a 2 foot to 3 foot rope threw it. tie a knot in the rope ran threw the stick to keep it there. now take some weights or a kinda heavy object and attach it to the other end of the rope. now with both hands on the broomstick twist the stick till its all wound up. keep doing this and adding more weights. i hope you understand what i'm saying...(EDITED) i'm good..we had better send this one to the best of section.
    Last edited by SGA; 03-01-2002 at 10:45 AM.

Hey fourwhls does EVS have a website or a magazine and how much does a wrist brace cost?

Just start wackin off more........ Sorry guys it was just too easy..... LOL....... Buy a brace like Rico said........ You can also lift some weight.......... Do over the bar curls....... Dont use alot of weight..... Do what is comfy for you...... 400EXRACERX...... I like the paint job on the frame.... Looks sweet bro........ The scar is pretty cool too.......
    Red 400ex.... mods include 440bbk....... fmf megamaxII headpipe and silencer.... K&N power kit and air filter.... Shaved front racing plastics.... Shock covers.... Nerf bars....and full skids....
    New Ohlins shocks all the way around.... YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast