Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 400EX carb 38mm?

2004 400EX carb 38mm?

I read on a web site of 2004 400EX specs it says that they now use a 38mm carb stock. Is this true? Would one of these new stock carbs work well on an older 440EX?
    Thanks, Doug
    dougdaniels3@yahoo.com

i've heard both that it is a typo and that it is true. the thing that makes me wonder if it is true is the fact that honda still hasnt corrected it on their website, which doesnt take long at all to do.
    Andy-

KORR Rider #62

406 11:1, Hotcams stage 1, K&N, outerwears, Pro-Circuit T-4, DG Nerfs, and a few other mods.
    "Pain is just temporary weakness leaving the body."

if you look up towards the right top of the page you see this button you'll find it very handy

cause this topic has been so beat to death

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

38mm

acording to my manual i have a 38mm carb on my 2002 ex i also have a service manual from honda and its a 1999-2001 book and it says the same.
    YELLOW Honda 400ex,wb slip-on,dyno jet kit, k&n filter, tag handlebars, proarmor nerf bars, n-style gripper seat cover. GO BIG RED!!!

Originally posted by UglyMotha™
    if you look up towards the right top of the page you see this button you'll find it very handy cause this topic has been so beat to death
    Yeah But there hasn't been a clear answer given!!! Someone please measure there 2004 400ex's carb and clear it all up once and for all...

yes, I have a 400ex 2000 and I measured my carb an is 38 mm.

pd: sorry for my english . I am from argentina

Originally posted by nico400ex
    yes, I have a 400ex 2000 and I measured my carb an is 38 mm.

pd: sorry for my english . I am from argentina
    Your english is just fine, better than alot of the North Americans here

Where is the carb measured at?

Joe
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

thank joe.

eeeee, I measured in the side of the head, not of the air filter.

The carb has the same part number from a 99 400ex and 2004 400ex.

Wouldn't you think if the carb was changed so would the part number. Does it make since to have 2 different size carbs on the same shelf with the same part number, so when you order one it's up to the parts guy to do an eeny meeny miny moe on which carb he want's to give you. Don't YOU want to know which carb is which before you bought one?? This is all horsechit I say.

Untill someone posts pics of an older 35.5 carb and a new 38 carb with some type of measuring device in the pic showing the different measurments I'm callin it a typo. Someone please proove me wrong because this issue has been beat to death and there's not one fact in any post that states which is which..

Originally posted by Rico

Untill someone posts pics of an older 35.5 carb and a new 38 carb with some type of measuring device in the pic showing the different measurments I'm callin it a typo. Someone please proove me wrong because this issue has been beat to death and there's not one fact in any post that states which is which..
    I agree with you Rico. it's all talk till I see proof one way or the other.
    03 400ex. HMF s/o. XR cam. sparks flywheel key. chokeless. pep dampener.AC bumper.PRM skids.Tinner scoops.Arens nerfs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast