Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: all CHOKED up

All three, then you'll notice a really big difference! OK, I gave away my age, one for me.....three or more for you youngsters
    Mods: Big Gun FS w/MM quiet core, no lid , K&N, FCR41, 11.3:1 440 and Web 479 cam, porting, no choke. Works TRS fronts & Ultracross rear shock, a few other goodies
    450R,250EX, Blaster, Banshee

Originally posted by Rico

So beer before, during, or after the process???
    Yes, beer before, during, AND after the removal process.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

Choke Removal

After reading everyones comments on the choke removal I decided to do it myself. Everyone seemed to recommend to remove the carb but it seemed easy enough without it removed so I did it without removing and it seemed to work out fine. I didn't get the little metal that everyone says fall in and the screws came right out. I recommend just using that cheap little screwdriver that comes with the EX toolkit. It was like a 10-15min job from start to finish. Just thought that I would let everyone know that it isn't that difficult. Also I live in AZ so that 38 pilot that is stock doesn't seem like to be to big of a prob even in the coldest days. I will post if it seems like it made a difference. Also I just ground down those huge welds on the headpipes. I can't believe honda would do that. I hope it makes a difference since I am goin to the local dunes here on Sat. Hopefully those craptors will be wonderin what is goin on.

Great post knighttime!
    I will start the work tomorrow.
    Maybe this post would be go to FAQs
    416ex '99
    11:1 Wiseco
    Stock Cam (for now)
    Uni Filter
    airbox lid holes
    45 pilot jet
    165 main jet
    intake and exhaust porting
    bigger valves.
    White brothers e-series exhaust system (12 disc)

awesome post night time!

soon as i get my stolen 440 bak, im gunna do that, it gets a tad cold here, so im gunna run a 45 pilot.

Thanks dude

Originally posted by Live2Ride300
    awesome post night time!
    :square
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

no problem knightime, im gonna do this mod to my 300

Any thoughts on doing this in wisconsin? It gets a mite cold here in the winter (we are having a mild winter, and it is about 15 degrees right now...ahhh) I was thinking of going to a 42 pilot jet anyway, if I did this, would it be best to go to a 45? Before I swiced to synthetic, the dang thing wouldnt start unless it was over 50 degrees...not in california anymore.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

I've been thinking about removing the choke. Okay, so you have to upsize the pilot....it needs it anyway right? So that takes care of most of the starts in regular weather. So, for when its really cold out and it is going to be tough to start, why not remove the plastic or rubber cap that the choke shaft came out of and either squirt a little starting fluid in there or get a little syringe of gas (a little dangerous now) of gas in there. Just to get it to hit a few times..... that may be enough to get it running on those cold trailer rides to the trails! Anybody agree?
    Honda, Best On Earth
    2000 400EX, 1996 300EX and a 1997 LT80 - each with a bunch of custom schtuff on'em!
    2001 CR250
    2002 KDX220

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast