Thread: Hudson Valley NY

Hudson Valley NY

Hello-
    My friends and I use to ride at Maybrook (off of I-84) but we got busted and written up last week (state land). Where are the hot riding spots in lower NY/upper westchester/putnam/rockland counties?
    please help!

-rossano
    '99 400ex

Just curious, did you have insurance and registration when you got busted?
    Mike L.
    http://www.turbocarz.com/offroad
    '92 TRX250X / '85 KX125

dusted

i didn't, but some of the gang did. we were also with a firefighter and a cop. some still got tickets, but only for tresspassing. the two oinks were pretty cool, though. we were all joking and laughing at one point.

i must find the old registr. before i can get one of my own, as well as insurance.

so, where do we ride next?
    '99 400ex

I worked in Fishkill for awhile and wanted to do some hunting in that area and it was very hard to find any place everything was owned by clubs and posted. There is a place on 44 and 55 near New Plataz by the Mohawk Preserve if you know where that is to ride , I think they have a website now look under New York atv trails and I think you can find it. I think you will need to get farther from the city. There may also be some places to ride out by Stormville heading north.

Maybrook

I've ridden at Maybrook a few years back, but haven't sicne they say everyone is getting busted. Are you saying that if I'm registered and insured I can ride there without a hassle? Hey thanks

Try looking at http://www.atvny.com/ you can ride there with no problem , they have good directions to the place. Can't tell you much about Maybrook It's been a number of years since I was down in that area. As far as New York rules go it doesn't matter if you are insured and registered you still need a written note from owner that it is ok for you 2 be there. You can go to NYS DMV for complete rules for atv's ....... Hope this helps