Thread: slip on exhaust for built motor?

slip on exhaust for built motor?

i was looking at HMF 's website and it said slip onm worked best with a built motor, is this a typo, i know all the motor builders ive talked to reccomended a full exhaust heres the link
    http://www.hmfengineering.com/honda400ex.html

the part im talking about is at the bottom by the full exhaust and says slip on works best w/ a built motor?

I spoke with HMF, the HP numbers for the full exhaust are wrong. The full adds more power, more torque, and has better throttle response over the slip-on.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

so im guessing its just a typo? about the slip on being better for built motors?

I would think so. Although with grinding the welds out of the stock header and what not I can't believe you would gain a lot of power with the new header if your just running a 416 or something.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Originally posted by Dave400ex
    I would think so. Although with grinding the welds out of the stock header and what not I can't believe you would gain a lot of power with the new header if your just running a 416 or something.
    I could see that with a 406 or a 416, but I would think with a 440, or a 505 you would want the complete system
    Nick Reid

Special Thanks Goes To C&D Racing!

well personally i cant see it, i believe its a typo
    ive never heard a slip on being better, there is no way its better

now ive heard if you just got a pipe you could not tell much difference between the slip on and full but not the slip on being better

Originally posted by brandonpeake
    now ive heard if you just got a pipe you could not tell much difference between the slip on and full but not the slip on being better
    I don't think you can tell much difference, if any between a slip-on and a full system on a stock motor. Now if you have a built motor, you are going to notice a difference
    Nick Reid

Special Thanks Goes To C&D Racing!

okay i agree w/ that but look at the page says slip on "better"
    how could the slip on ever be "better"

im sure its a typo but they need to fix it ,putting out bad info isnt good

I think the Full is the way to go! I have a 416, but will have to settle with the slip-on as I do not have the extra money for a full at this time.