Thread: 11:1 compression pistons

11:1 compression pistons

If I was to put new 11:1 pistons and rings into my 400ex would there be anything else that would be good to do? And will it hurt my engine if I just get 11:1 pistons and rings with nothing else done? Also how much of a performance gain would 11:1 pistons give?
    99 400ex, Graydon Proline Silencer/Headpipe, Jet kit, Turf Tamers on back, Holeshots in front, K&N Air Fillter, Moose Handlebars, DG Nerf Bars. 416 on the way

It won't hurt it, but I would at least consider a drop in cam or something like that. You probably wouldn't notice a whole lot out of just a piston, but get a good cam and carb and she starts to open up.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

if you have it torn apart might as well put a cam in it too. the carb isnt quite as necessary. if you're planning on running a higher compression piston make sure you run a little higher octane too.
    GNCC #107

2005 sponsors:
    For Dirt Only, Troy Racing, Klotz, Simpson/GS3, SixSixOne, Scott Goggles, Factory Effex, Twin Air, RK Racing Chains, Works Connection, Lester ATV, Cycra, DP Brakes, Outerwears