Thread: FCR THROTTLE CABLE?

FCR carb question

for all of you guys that have the FCR carb, what did you guys use for a throttle cable/throttle? just got my FCR carb on the bike and dont know what throttle cable to use. and how did you set yours up? as in what hole did you put the cable through?
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Although the FCR is designed for a push/pull twist throttle, you have a couple of options regarding cables for use with the stock thumb throttle. First of all, the stock cable won't work with the FCR, as the carb end of the cable requires a different barrel fitting in order to fit on the FCR. What you can do though, is take your stock cable and carb to a place that makes custom cables, and have them put the correct end on your stock cable assembly. That's what I did...

Second, Motion Pro makes a cable that will work with the stock thumb throttle and FCR, but it's a little long (about a foot or so) and requires some creative routing. The Motion Pro part number is 02-0375. Third, you can get a Honda cable assembly for a TRX 400 Foreman that will work. The ends are a little better quality than the Motion Pro, and although it's a tad shorter than the Motion Pro cable, it's still longer than the stock cable--in my opinion this is probably the cable you should get. The Honda part number you want is 17910-HM7-000.

As far as which hole to use, mine is in the hole that is on the bottom when the carb is fully open. I don't know how else to explain it, but I think you'll understand what I mean once you install the cable. Also, the FCR has a shorter "pull" than the stock carb, so it'll be fully open before you hit the stop inside the thumb throttle housing. Just be aware that you don't have a internal stop to keep you from bottoming out the carb at the full open position...you'll just have to get a feel of when it's fully open and try not to force it past that point. BTW, I've thought about figuring out how to increase the size of the internal stop to eliminate this problem, but just haven't taken the time to look at it. Lastly, because of the difference in the "pull" of the FCR and adapting a cable to work with it, you might also end up with more play in the adjustment than you're used to...mine has about 1/4" or so, but you'll get used to it once you get some riding time with it.

good info!

I'm sending a copy of this thread to the 'best of' forum.

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

That is awesome info! thanks NVR2L8. I just got off the phone with the dealership I orders the Foreman 400 cable... thats so sweet now I can go jump some dunes Labor Day and not kill myself with that darn twist

Hay with that extra foot on the Motion Pro cable you could just wrap it around your header a few times ...lol
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~