Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil weights????

Oil weights????

Gettin ready for an oil change in the ol' 400EX. Whats the recommended weight if I use MobileOne Syth?

15W-50. Someone told me it is the only Mobil1 without the detergents and scrubbers.
    04 Camo Suzuki Vinson

There is regular Mobil1 synthetic and there is Mobil1 synthetic for motorcycles. Watch what you get.
    2002 Yellow 400ex

Body
    Renthal 14 tooth, LSR e-brake block off, Speed EZ Pull Clutch Lever, Pro Design kill switch, Renthal Handle Bars, Trail Tech Speedometer, AC Pro Pegs and Bumper, Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Tripple Rates w/ rezzies, Elka shock covers, Razr MX's front and back, douglas ultimate beadlocks, Fastline Breaklines, Lonestar Axle.

Motor
    J&E 12.5:1 piston, custom cam, valve springs, hardened rockers, race port\polish. Yoshi pipe, K&N jet kit and air filter.

STQRA Amature #6
    My Quad Site

Don't waste your money on the motorcycle oil. It's about $3.50 more a quart. The people that run Mobil1 use the regular stuff.
    04 Camo Suzuki Vinson

Use the honda stuff

I was told that Honda GN4 is what I should use and was the best oil by mechanics from various dealerships

this is a big controversay....i say use regular mobil 1 oil....but research the oil for yourself.....
    nothing

Yeah do a search on oil,,,this has been a big topic with many many many answer's and views,,, I used to run the mobil 1 V-twin motorcyle oil but now run maxima full synthetic,,both are costly..but the best oil there is..

Thanks for the input!

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    I run kendall GT-1 sae 40, high performance oil. it's a strait 40 weight and it's awsome. It breaks down different than other oils so it gives maximum protection. Also, i hear is helps cool.
    Retired --- For Now

Rico, how much does your Oil cost?

400MXer, where did you get your Oil and how much does it cost?

Right now I am running Golden Spectro 10w-40. I want to run Maxima. Should I keep running 10w-40 or is something else better? I don`t want it to Break Down fast. What should I get?
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast