Thread: Motor Life?

Motor Life?

I was just wondering what the life expectancy is on the 400ex motor. I was also wondering if there are any parts that should be replaced after a while(ie bearings, timing chain etc..). I know these motors are extremely durable and have a long life but i dont really know the details. Thanks.

c'mon peoples this is an interesting topic!

My brother has two Honda 250x Four Strokes with original motor, one is an 89, the other a 91. Both still run excellent, and he thinks you are supposed to change the oil only twice a year!

Look in the Powertrain Forum and there is a thread on "motor life" in there with more replys than this one.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db