Thread: Airfilters

Airfilters

I am running a K&N airfilter with 2 Outerwears, checked out my intake tube the other day and it had dust in there real fine like flour . I've read lately where they let in alot of dirt in your motor in independent test. What do you think?

k&n's do that...i don't trust them. go with a UNI

i also prefer uni filters. my friend runs a K&N and doesn't seem to have any problems though. however, he oils it pretty good. by the way, i think you are only suppose to clean those K&N's 20 or 25 times before they are supposed to be replaced.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

i run a uni and haven't had any problems as i did with my K&N with the lid on and no holes,i still got dirt very very fine particles of it,but i really thoguth they would burn up inside the cylinder,but i still got another filter just to be on the safe side
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

I had very fine dust in my airboot also with the K&N. I really don't think it will cause any major problems unless you ride in real dusty conditions on a regular basis. But I do have a UNI sitting here for those conditions

Joe
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!