Thread: 650 prairie vs. 300ex

Unhappy 650 prairie vs. 300ex

Yesterday while ridin with a couple of huntin buddies a duel between my 300ex and his brand new 650 prairie came about. A simple drag race of about 600 yards in a dry cut beanfield. Off the line til finish i was about ten to fifteen feet behind for the three drags. My ex is stock except for wb e series, k+n filter and precharger, and modded airbox. 22 inch holeshot rears, and 22 holeshot fronts. The prairie was sittin on 26 inch front and back tsl vampires. I was amazed. If we raced further I would have eventually caught him, but would have been closer to a thousand yards. Should I be able to beat this beast or am I too much outpowered?
    J Springer
    1998 300 EX
    White Brothers E-series exhaust
    Holeshot XCT's front and rear
    ITP rims rear
    Renthal handlebars
    K&N Filter and pre
    Pilot jet one upped
    Dg Nerfs and front bumper

**** no. Those 650s absolutly fly! It can keep right behind me with a piped 400ex. Once I get the 440 in it wont have a chance, but they are very, very fast. I think you did pretty good on your 300.
    ~2001 Yellow 400ex, K&N filter with Pre-filter, POLISHED Supertrapp IDS2 silencer, 20" rear Holeshots tires, Braking brake pads, Black Shockers Shockcovers, Renthal 400ex bend bars w/ oury grips, Pro Design tether kill switch, JE 440 big bore 10.5-1 piston, Dyno Jet Stage 2 kit, Removed air box lid, Duncan Racing aluminum nerfs, AC Racing full chassis skid plate, Race cut plastic, AC Racing mudscreen bumper, and a 42 pilot jet and removed choke.
    *SOLD*

you can make 300s fly. i like them because thay have a smaller frame than the 400, but i am only 5-3 and will only grow up to be about 5-9, so i could stick with a 300.

dave
    1986 Honda 265R, New 89 motor, ported and polished by East Coast ATV, New Stock Honda clutch/clutch basket, FMF reed cage/ spacer/ and rad valve, 38mm keihn airstriker carb, K&N w/ outerwares, FMF fatty pipe, powercore 2 and Q silencer, Laeger +2 arms, Maier plastics, BAD saddle seat cover, Works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies, MOB aluminum swingarm, Lonestar dualrow bearing carrier, Durablue +2 axle, Durablue adjustable strut, AC Bumper, AC grab bar, AC nerfs, AC chassis skid, Lonestar anti-vibe steering stem, Lonestar handlebar clamp, Renthal bars, Douglas 190's w/ holeshots, Front and rear SS brake lines, Speed easy pull clutch lever, anti-fade locknut, SS bolt kit, Rocky mountain swingarm skid, and some more little goodies!

Football, baseball, soccer, golf, and tennis
    all take one ball
    Racing takes two!

SN: CrasHing3283