Thread: Y does your engine run cooler if you re-jet and (or) put a pipe on??

Question Y does your engine run cooler if you re-jet and (or) put a pipe on??

I heard and read that if you do mods like re-jetting and put a pipe on a quad that the engine runs cooler, so i was wondering y does it run cooler than stock with these mods on there??? Would it make sense idf you add more ponies that the engine would be a little bit warmer??
    Thanks

Also is you have an exhaust system on your bike will it pull wheelies better than a stocker?????

Thanks
    400exBro
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

Re: Y does your engine run cooler if you re-jet and (or) put a pipe on??

Originally posted by 400exBro
    I heard and read that if you do mods like re-jetting and put a pipe on a quad that the engine runs cooler, so i was wondering y does it run cooler than stock with these mods on there??? Would it make sense idf you add more ponies that the engine would be a little bit warmer??
    Thanks

Also is you have an exhaust system on your bike will it pull wheelies better than a stocker?????

Thanks
    400exBro

yes it will wheely better

It runs cooler when its jetted right because the gas actually acts like a coolant before it gets burned. and the exhaust making it run cooler I haven't heard of but kinda makes sense, theres less restriction and more air flow through the engine.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

With a performance pipe and filter on a quad it will run cooler if jetted properly. More air and fuel is getting in and out of your motor, and both the air and fuel is considerably cooler than the high temps the engine runs at.....henceforth cooling capacity is increased.

Mods such as a big bore kit and higher compression pistons will add more heat......yes with performance mods your quad will wheelie better.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.