Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Jam Quads SUCK!

Monster Jam Quads SUCK!

The Monster Jam thing was here in town last night so I went to it, not caring about monster trucks but wanting to see the quads run. It was my understanding that they ran on a sort of MX track, at least it had dirt and jumps as far as I knew? Well, not this one, it was held in the basketball arena which was small anyway, then once you got the cars there for the trucks to smash, there was no room for quads really. It was a concrete floor, and all the quads did was run in a small circle. They even ran GO KART tires on back, not even quad tires! I was pretty disappointed, as guys on banshees lapped the field both heat races, then I dont even remember who won the feature. But there was one guy there on a 400ex that was just dangerous, if I had been running, I would have refused to race with that guy, he was wrecking every couple of laps, it was crazy! Then at the end of the feature, one of the banshees was about to lap the field and all of a sudden he had "problems" and slowed so much that everyone caught up to him, then his "problems" were fixed after he dropped back to third place behind a 400 and a 250r, then the R, which was leading by a good amount had teh same "problems" on the last lap allowing the 400 and him to cross neck and neck. Made for a good show, if you couldnt tell it was TOTALLY fake!
    I was pretty disappointed, and just wanted to let everyone know that if you are planning to go, make sure its gonna be a real track, not just someone driving in small circles!

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    was it Pro Quads or Quad wars?
    Retired --- For Now

I've seen that crap before. It's like pro wrestling minus any skill, talent, or sporstmanship. I was embarrassed to be there. And you know this is what a lot of people think atving is really like...

My point exactly. Real Quad Racing. Not the fake stuff or people will think that all of us are like that.

The quads at the St.Louis monster jam in January were pretty good. Of course it was pro quads, not that quad wars crap. In STL Tim Farr won with Kory Ellis second, and Dana Creech got third. I think there was around 50 quads total.
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

I actually dont think that this was either. Maybe though, there werent really teams, and I thought that with quad wars there were teams and stuff. They said these guys were racing in some national points championship, but it wasnt Farr or anyone like that, there were 3 local guys and 6 guys from Ohio.

what can you really expect from a hillbilly monster truck show. i hate the freestyle crap that the monster trucks do. I mean think about. true rednecks are amussed by dumb stuff. Jerry springer, imbreeding, bug zappers, roadkill, goats and sheep. it's all a show and it's wrong. lets boycott monster trucks and imbreeding

I was lucky enough to learn years ago that most events like this are a joke. It's nice to see the Indoor Pro Stuff being good. I remember the old days when they had coke syrup races indoors though. You'd hook up like mad.
    Bradley B
    2006 Great Lakes Quad Series Race Announcer
    2005 6Hrs of WI Announcer

Great Lakes Quad Series

Evolution ATV

36 Red Rocket

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    d52

Dana, how do you like your 426. and i have one more question for ya....Have you heard anything about laeger. i've heard for a few places that he is not makeing frames anymore, is that for good. does he still make your frames.
    Retired --- For Now

I was told that about Laegers to by the guys at NACS. Other places I hear they still are. Whats the real deal D52
    Walsh Racecraft/ ECA YZF 440

2003 Main Sponsers
    Motorcycle Madness
    East Coast ATV
    Pro Parts Racing
    Nacs Racing
    Legacy ATV
    South Bay Moto

Co-Sponsors
    Pappy's Performance Coatings.
    K & K ATV
    Maier MFG