Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a ticket today

I got a ticket today

I got a ticket today for riding at the dredger ponds in oroville, it's a gravel bar here in Northern calif. I went down there the week before with my kids and at the entrance of this place along side the river where people go fishing and drive 4x4 on the hills there is a sign that said No Overnight camping, No fires and no shooting guns...... and it is open to the public, well as I was getting ready to leave the forrest ranger pulls up and wants to see or I.D. then we tells us that there is no riding ATV's here, we said the sign on the entrance didn't say anything about no quads and he gets out a handbook with some highlighted parts that says no riding of ATV's but you can drive 4x4's or motorcycles cause there street legal. I said well it should have said no ATV's on the sign at the enterance, he said well we can't put every Law on the board, but you can get a booklet at the county office that tells you this and Ignorance of the law is no excuse..... and gave me a ticket, not just a warning!!! Then he comes over to my quad and wants to start talking to me about how nice it was and a friend of his has one like this I just got in my truck and left. well I just had to rant, I can't believe that since it wasn't posted he should have let us off with a warning! I dont ride anywhere that dosn't allow quads and usually it is posted. well I'm going to court to fight it!!!
    2000 400EX, white bros. exhaust, AC nerf bars,bumper and swing arm skid. renthal bars, FST oil cooler,Razars front and back, custom stainless steel air scoops and works triple rate shocks

1989 yamaha warrior......dura blue axle and holeshots

ahh man that sucks wat a jerk... wen he was saying how nice it was i whould of been like ya ull never ride it so backoff! lol
    Randy

Can Am DS450
    - Flexx Bars
    - Hipers
    - Motoworks air filter
    - Rossier Exhaust
    - X-Package Skids
    - A-Arm Guards
    - Razor 2's

That is so stupid. GOOD LUCK!! I hope you whoop some ars in court.

I got in trouble once for riding in an area that was not marked as off limits to quads it was like a $200 fine. Made a quick call to my lawyer, he called someone else and got the ticket thrown out before I even went to court.

just got my fine today

I got the bill from the court for unlawful use of ATV in wildlife area. before I continue let me tell you about where this is. When you think of fish and game area you would think of a grass feild with streams, marshs and a fragile eco system well this place is along side the river where they used to dreg for gold, this place is about 3 sq. miles of gravel and rocks the size of baseballs. nothing living there, hell you can't even see you tracks and by the way it beat the Hell out of my skid plate!!!
    I drove on the rodes and there where cars trucks and 4x4's on the same roads,( which are allowed) well any way the fine was $283.00 and a $100.00 of that was what they called restitution?
    Restitution!!! for what the damage to the gravel???????

God this Piss's me of, then when you call fish and game they give you a big run around and say that the amount of the fine is out of their hands! what a bunch of morons

I'm going to take pics of this place and the sign which had no mention of NO ATV's, so I can take to court with me.

Hell Restitution is what I should recieve for the abuse that my skid plate took...... If I would have know the fine would have been that much I would have slipped and fell in front of the warden and had him call an ambulance the sued them for having slippery rocks and not warning me. you know I would have won that in court like the crook that get hurt in your house for tripping on your coffee table while stealing your TV.............
    2000 400EX, white bros. exhaust, AC nerf bars,bumper and swing arm skid. renthal bars, FST oil cooler,Razars front and back, custom stainless steel air scoops and works triple rate shocks

I agree, this is a bunch of BS. That place sounds like a money trap for the state. They should clearly state NO ATV's on that sign.
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

IMO anyone that tries to run on state run land is asking for trouble. Unless it is clearly labeled, most motorized vechiles are not allowed on state land.

But I agree still sucks.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

thats sucks...my dad got a ticket for havin an illegal drive way and a illegal receration track.....it was a 500$ fine...all the pple 1 mile away from my house all called the cops sayin we were makin 2 much noise...so thats how the cops found out then.my dad called his laywer and all the charges were withdrawn cuz its our property
    300ex in a 250r frame.. [parting out]

neatv: #48 womens open/open C
    nationals: womens b/c

06 LTR450 for this season :]

BRAPPPP!!

some times laws are so stupid...
    2001 400ex MXed

www.whatwouldyoudiefor.tk

long island hardcore ^

Sponsors 2004 - NACS RACING

i got pulled over today too for my first time...this co pwas such a dickhead...he gave me a $627.50 ticket for these reasons...no drivers liscense at hand, no proof of insurance at hand, no regestration in hand,...then the cop asked me if I was mad at the ticket & I woudlnt respond so he tried to arrest me & then decided not to because he said he was going to be nice...then he told me he would see me in court...i think im only going to get commutity service though b/c no way in hell am i paying this much money for 1 ticket

IMO anyone that tries to run on state run land is asking for trouble. Unless it is clearly labeled, most motorized vechiles are not allowed on state land.
    In calif. we have plenty of state land that is OK to ride on. Land that is not for ATV's is marked NO ATV's.. I'm not saying that cops sucks, but in this cause a warning would have been good enough for me to never ride there again. I was not destroying anything or causing harm to wild life. If I was driving my jeep, truck, car or Dunebuggy it would have been OK. in fact people were there 4wheeling on some levees that I would have got stuck on and no ticket for them. I think that just because it is an ATV we get a bum rap!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast