Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2004 ITP Quadcross Round #1

The Quadcross was a good time. I was there racing for my first time ever and placed 4th overall in the Open Novice class......even after my incredibly bad start in the first Moto

Merriman,

What happened off of the start? Glad to hear you did well. Love your bike and the color scheme. I think I am going to pc my frame blue as well. Good luck at the next race.

Scott

This is the holeshot of the first heat for the pro's. #48 Greg Saenz is the one pulling everyone on the orange framed bike

#69 Ricky Nickell sending one of the step ups.

[IMG]

Ricky Nickell doing one of the hill climbs in the first heat

[IMG]
    http://www.dirtfiendracing.com/exrid...adcross011.jpg[/IMG] [/IMG]

This is #48 Greg Saenz storming through one of the 3 whoops sections. He was in 3rd in the first heat at this time. Dustin Nelson was in first and Tavis Cain was in secong.

[/IMG]

#48 sending one of the table tops past the finish line.

Dustin Nelson just wrecked in the whoops section leaving Tavis Cain with a huge lead over second place.

#69 charging in the first heat. Midway through the race his gas cap fell off. Unblelivable, was that he was still passing people and eventually finished second in the first heat. Let this be a lesson to make sure your gas cap is tightened before the race. Race fuel burns really bad.

#69 getting ready to pass #12(not Keith Little).

Heat #2
    #19 Jason Dunkleburger leading the charge for the second heat. #99 Pat Brown in second and Korry Ellis in 3rd.

It didnt take much longer for Korry Ellis to pass and take off on a run. This is Korry sending on of the step up/table tops.

Korry cornering in heat #2

#19 Dunkleberger charging through the same corner.

sorry i got the pics a little out of order on heat #2.

This is shortly after the start with Korry Ellis opening the gap.

Korry getting a little sideways in the second lap.

Korry Ellis doing one of the huge drop offs that Glen Helen has.

Originally posted by Scottie Mac
    Merriman,

What happened off of the start? Glad to hear you did well. Love your bike and the color scheme. I think I am going to pc my frame blue as well. Good luck at the next race.

Scott

Well I was the first Moto up, and they did not have there 15 second marker board yet so I wasn't sure how the race was going to be started......A guy came up, and started saying something but I couldn't hear him. So I started to look around for a second, and then that same guy walked into the booth and flipped the gate switch, and everyone left........2-3 seconds later I realized we were racing so I took off.......THEN I caught up to the back of the group in that first giant corner and started to pass this guy on a banshee when we bumped front wheels, and nerfs, which caused me to spin out and high center on the dirt curbing they have to mark the track.......so I got to play catch up all over again. GREAT FIRST RACE.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast