Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to wear under my race gear?

Smile What to wear under my race gear?

Don't laugh and don't say I need to wear a lacy thong or something! This is my first year racing GNCC and I'm new to this whole racing apparel thing. I've ridden atvs for years but my idea of fun has always been riding rack deep in mud on a big 4X4 atv. Riding gear was always old jeans and boots.

For a two hour race I was wanting to know if there was any special under garments that would help. I don't want my underwear riding up my butt or anything and keeping down on chapping would be a big plus. Fire away with the jokes but at least offer some help in the end!

Under Armour

I had a probelm with gettting chafed because I sweat a lot. I bought some Under Armour shorts to wear under my pants, and I have not had a problem one time since I bought them. Well worth the money. You can find them at a sporting goods store. They even make hot and cold weather gear.

I am not a ladie, but I think I would be saying the right thing when saying something tight.....Me as a guy, I wear boxer briefs with a pair of Champion shorts over top (those are only so everyone at the track doesn't have to see me half naked) lol And also for a lady, I would assume a sportsbra

send TLC a pm and ask her. im sure she has an answer for you...id ask her but i wanna stay friends with her husband
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

He will understand Pappy

Originally posted by YLW400
    He will understand Pappy

i would wear boxer breifs with some gym shorts over them. and gortex water proof socks
    MaTT
    300ex
    white 400ex maier/coustom lengthed works /250R arms painted black,20 inch kenda KlAws, hmf slip on, uni air filter, ac nerfs, renthal fat bars, kenda front mxs , pro design kill switch, coustom skidplates >>> engine work or a new quad
    >xR- 50-joker bar kit, k&n, FmF POWer cORE 2 WElded on to strock header >PINEY POWER
    aim- mx300exshift

there is a guy named ryan shipman that use to race gncc's with us until he got married, but i think he said he would wear his mom's pantyhose. I wear the under armor even though its a little expensive it is well worth it, becuase monkey butt sucks.
    RIDE WITH PRIDE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

I wear the boxer briefs too underneath and up top, it depends on the weather. More if it's cold, less if it's not, etc....

Also, I know it sounds silly, but stuff happens. Keep your pants tight, but not too tight. I came off a double and my pants came unbuttoned I think cause I snugged them up that night. Oh yeah, my pants were riding real low the rest of the moto, lol!
    #85 406EX mx ready--not as good as it once was, but it was good once as it ever was!

Thank you:
    McCann's Powder Coating: parts, powdercoating, tech help

McNett Performance: suspensions, setups, parts, fabrications

Smile

Just to clear up any misconceptions, I'm a guy. The thong reference don't mean I normally wear them!

So this Under Armor is a brand name and I can get it at most sporting good stores? I take it that it's used by athletes in other sports. Are there any special socks that I should get. I noticed that some boot makers offer socks but I don't know if they are anything special or just a sock with a manufacturer name on them.

BOXERS, AND T-SHIRT haha. thats all you need under your gear
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast