Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRX450R or YFZ450

This type of thread is always going to turn into a flame fest.

And anyone saying the TRX450R is a better quad RIGHT NOW, is a biased idiot. Because THEY AREN"T OUT YET. There is not one single person on this forum who has ridden a TRX450R, at least not one person who is not a top level pro rider. Seeing that you ask whick one is better and only one is out, that means the YFZ is the chioce.

Now, if a few weeks , months, years whenever Honda FINALLY releases the 450r, we can all find out for ourselves which one is better. Also, what is better for one person, does not mean it will be better for another.

I think the guy who posted:

Power: YFZ
    Comfort: TRX

Has in pretty close. I will go one step further:

Race course: YFZ
    Everyday/trail: TRX

BUT, All of this is just opinion.

Make your own mind up and never take someone else's word for anything, unfortunatley, there are way too many brand biased people on these forums.

Scott

and then you compare them too hehee

Originally posted by OutlawEX
    Look at this pic,more to come that are like it from this point its looking
    haha yea, but there was only i trx450 in that race, there were about 8 yfz's!!! haha
    #32 Nick Edmundson-

My rideSOLD) 2003 Crf450, arens frame, hermann +3 LT arms, lonestar stearing stem, lonestar +4 axle, PEP zps LT fronts, Axis dual rate rear, cross-eyed +1 1/4 swingarm, FCR 40 carb, AC propeg nerfs,AC belly skidplate, rear hipers , lonestar anit-fade, aluminum airbox, o'neal bars, baldwin motorsports front hubs, quad-tech carbon fiber hood, baldwin bar clamp, rear-klaws front- holeshots, and a bunch of other small things...IM me for pics of it.

AOL sn- nedmundson32

i dont want to get bashed becuz this is a honda site but i like the yfz way better i went to the dealer today and that is one of the best lookin quads i ever seen and its so light! i think when i get the money i am buying a yfz
    modded out blaster

Originally posted by crap-banshee32
    haha yea, but there was only i trx450 in that race, there were about 8 yfz's!!! haha
    nice excuse ........ but neway...... i dont think it was all rider that race to tell u the truth........ tim farr has proven himself to be pretty much the best or at least one of them....... he was passed by the YFZ and the Z......... natalie is not known to win a lot of races so it really surprised me, but he is also on a YFZ....... so IMO, go w/ the YFZ...... its got elec start, u can put the kicker if u want one and be 13 pounds lighter, it sits lower, it has more travel, it has more compression, it is a DOHC, it has titanium valves, there is just so much stuff the TRX doesnt hav that the YFZ does..... YFZ ALL THE WAY!!!

trx450r

?????-----------------------------mine

1999 KTM 65 SX/ #100/------son's

Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
    it sits lower, it has more travel, it has more compression, it is a DOHC, it has titanium valves, there is just so much stuff the TRX doesnt hav that the YFZ does..... YFZ ALL THE WAY!!!
    You obviously don't know much of what you are talking. It may sit lower. More travel doesn't mean better susupension and it is a VERY small margin of travel between the two. More compression doesn't mean anything either in itself. It take a lot more than compression to make an engine run and the TRX is supposed to have as much or more power with less compression. That means it has more room to make more when modded. DOHC doesn't mean much either. If the valves are opening and closeing at the same time with a DOHC engine as an exact same SOHC engine the SOHC engine will probably rev a bit quicker due to less rotateing mass. This is one of the reasons Honda went with the Unicam design. It isn't inferior by any means to a DOHC engine. I haven't heard on the TRX but I'm about 90% sure the CRF has Titainium intake valves and stainless exhaust valves. This is because Titanium absorbes heat to well and won't let it go. So they don't use them on the exhaust side for reliability reasons. If you are so concerned aobut electric start then you must not really want a race bike. Electric start is for wusses. I get sick of hearing everyone (mostly the YFZ guys) complaining about no electric start. WAAAAA. So I guess when it comes down to it all you got is a lower bike. So I guess just because it is lower it is better? I don't think so. Bottom line until it comes out NOONE will know wich one is better and I bet they are really close. It will probably come down to brand loyalty or color preference. But you don't see Honda makeing a blue one to try to steal sales like Yami makes a red and white one. Anyway I'm off to go ride my 400 until my 450 gets here.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
    nice excuse ........ but neway...... i dont think it was all rider that race to tell u the truth........ tim farr has proven himself to be pretty much the best or at least one of them....... he was passed by the YFZ and the Z......... natalie is not known to win a lot of races so it really surprised me, but he is also on a YFZ....... so IMO, go w/ the YFZ...... its got elec start, u can put the kicker if u want one and be 13 pounds lighter, it sits lower, it has more travel, it has more compression, it is a DOHC, it has titanium valves, there is just so much stuff the TRX doesnt hav that the YFZ does..... YFZ ALL THE WAY!!!
    damn i was gonna make a post of my own but after reading yours i dont think i have to

?????-----------------------------mine

1999 KTM 65 SX/ #100/------son's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast