Thread: engine mods for mx

engine mods for mx

What kind of 400EX engine mods would be best for district MX racing??

My setup in my signature is a good mx setup along with a good cross country setup...i use it on hare scrambles and it does very well

If you don't have aftermarket shocks get them first. You'll go faster with them than built motor..

Originally posted by Rico
    If you don't have aftermarket shocks get them first. You'll go faster with them than built motor..
    trueth, all I need is some a-arms, and rear shock and I'll have the setup.....-darren
    I ride a 440ex-
    JE, Hotcam, Hinson, Barnett, HMF, FMF, Douglas, Maier, Elka, FCR, Lonestar Racing Ceet, Renthal..... buncha other crap that makes it fast and such.

THANKS TO-Fellow exriders' hook ups, Pappy's Performance Coatings

MSN- Darrenkaiser@hotmail.com
    Daredevil416ex@yahoo.com...

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)

Re: engine mods for mx

Originally posted by quadrider81
    What kind of 400EX engine mods would be best for district MX racing??

i'd say get a 416 je piston 10.8:1 compression

tc mx grind cam

port and polish it

pipe (sparks, hmf, lrd)

and u could add a FCR card on there
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

I had a 426 bore with 10.8 JE and a stage 2 cam, sparks X6, FCR39 and it ripped for MX racing and around the dunes I ride. It all depends on what type of MX tracsk you are going to ride on

10:8:1 416 for revs and can be bored again, port and polish, 450/451 cam with hd valve springs, good reverse megaphone pipe, fcr carb, K&N w/ open airbox and rev box with 1000+ or unlimited. That will do it, or you could buy a 450R and pipe it and have a better set-up. Your probably like most and have too much invested into your 400 to buy a new bike. You could learn to ride better because they'll be burning you out of corners and whoops the whole way. It seems untrue but it's like comparing a street bike of the eighties to a modern crotch rocket. The design is superior, so it can be done bit it's a lot more work. This is Smoker's opinion of course.
    04' 450R w/ stuff