Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirtbike V.S ATV for MX racing

Dirtbike V.S ATV for MX racing

what are the advantages and disadvantages of both? Which is easier? any input appreciated
    05 Honda Rancher
    25x10 Mud Bugs on DNA wheels

Dirtbikes are far better for Motocross. For things other than motocross they are a lot closer.

truthfully i can't think of one advantage a quad has over a dirtbike on the track. also a quad is much more expensive to race than a bike and you make less money
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

i can what are quads known for when the wider then all **** turning.
    http://ezb.flamingtext.com/ezb/2002/...1279_20848.gif
    hmm this is gonna be hard but ok.
    Shinny black maier front and back fenders with graphs kit and seat cover..
    pro fab 330kit
    tit. retainers
    harder springs.
    clutch springs.
    web cam
    hardened rockers
    oversized valves
    ported and polished
    high compressin piston
    full e series
    uni
    no airbox lid
    holeshots
    renthals
    scotts grips
    everything polished, moto, footpegs, gas cap, barclamps steering stem, throtle and so many others.
    mighty 85 atc70 best atv evermade. better than the 250r
    soon to come elka shocks lsr axle 400 a arms and rapor rear shock with a mac daddy pimp rebuild.

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    actaully it all depends on the rider and the track style and conditions... if its all straight up jumps and bumps and ruts and tight have fun on a quad bc ur gonna die....
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

Some times the quad can stop and turn faster. I think this is the only advantage.
    416ex '99
    11:1 Wiseco
    Stock Cam (for now)
    Uni Filter
    airbox lid holes
    45 pilot jet
    165 main jet
    intake and exhaust porting
    bigger valves.
    White brothers e-series exhaust system (12 disc)

oo ooo i thought of one! a quad gets more traction!
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

Quads get faster lap times than the dirtbike guys. Quads can take corners way faster, stop quicker, slide easier, but are much harder to ride than dirtbikes. Dirtbikes can jump higher and land much softer but and go faster but they can't produce the lap times like quads. Quads either tie with them on lap times or are better. It also depends on the track. I saw Joe byrd beat the dirtbike money class one time at a track after they started about 10 sec's before him. They were to the first turn before he even took off, and then he started knocking them off like fly's.
    2007 Honda 450ER W/ White plastic- Houser Slicast Longtravel +2 A-arms, Axis Triple rate shocks w/ rezzy's, Houser +1 steering stem, Stremline steel braded brack lines front & rear, Nac's case saver, PEP steering dampner, Tag T2 chrome handlebars, Works connetion pro perch clutch lever, IMS/Roll powermadd handgaurds, Houser Graphics Kit, Houser #plate backgrounds, Douglas ultimate front w/ groved radials, Douglas ultimate beadlocks rear with Maxxis MX tires, Lonestar +2+2 Axle & anti fade lock nut, AC racing black line front bumber, AC racing black line nerfs w/ relocated pegs, AC racing rear grab bar powdercoated black, Pro design kill switch, Pro design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter & outerwears wrap, Honda CRF cam, Sparks full exhast, Quadtech hood scoop.

2007 Sponsors- Houser Racing, Nac's, K&K Racing, IMS-ROLL, Tag-Metals, Quadtech, Lonestar Racing, Outterwears.

I dont know where you are racing, but our quad guys here get spanked by the top dirtbike classes! We have 4 or 5 guys locally that do well in nationals (#5 in the +30 class, #8 in the Open A, #5 in 4-stroke C) and they ride probably with the 250b or 250c classes, the 250a guys just kill them! On our track, the best quad guys cant touch the good dirtbike guys. But get them in the woods, and our quad riders start about 5 minutes after the bike guys and are usually past the majority of htem after the first lap!

Rhino99 what track do you ride at? And what guys are you taling about?Mo
    DIRT is a fun four letter word.

I am retired from ATV Racing!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast