Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirtbike V.S ATV for MX racing

Its been posted in magazines like dirtwheels for instance that the pro quads and pro dirtbike guys when the race on the outdoor nationals they race at some of the same tracks and they recored their lap times and the pro quad guys were faster. Im not saying that every quad rider is faster than the dirt bike rider. It just If you put the best quad rider against the best dike bike rider the quad rider has an advantage. I seen quads get their *** whiped to by dirt bike guys at some tracks, and I seen it the other way around. It all depends on the rider and the track.
    2007 Honda 450ER W/ White plastic- Houser Slicast Longtravel +2 A-arms, Axis Triple rate shocks w/ rezzy's, Houser +1 steering stem, Stremline steel braded brack lines front & rear, Nac's case saver, PEP steering dampner, Tag T2 chrome handlebars, Works connetion pro perch clutch lever, IMS/Roll powermadd handgaurds, Houser Graphics Kit, Houser #plate backgrounds, Douglas ultimate front w/ groved radials, Douglas ultimate beadlocks rear with Maxxis MX tires, Lonestar +2+2 Axle & anti fade lock nut, AC racing black line front bumber, AC racing black line nerfs w/ relocated pegs, AC racing rear grab bar powdercoated black, Pro design kill switch, Pro design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter & outerwears wrap, Honda CRF cam, Sparks full exhast, Quadtech hood scoop.

2007 Sponsors- Houser Racing, Nac's, K&K Racing, IMS-ROLL, Tag-Metals, Quadtech, Lonestar Racing, Outterwears.

I would have to say that a majority of the time bikes are faster than quads. I just don't see the top atv guys beating the top bike guys.

I would put my money on Jeremaih Jones over Ricky Carmical any day!
    2007 Honda 450ER W/ White plastic- Houser Slicast Longtravel +2 A-arms, Axis Triple rate shocks w/ rezzy's, Houser +1 steering stem, Stremline steel braded brack lines front & rear, Nac's case saver, PEP steering dampner, Tag T2 chrome handlebars, Works connetion pro perch clutch lever, IMS/Roll powermadd handgaurds, Houser Graphics Kit, Houser #plate backgrounds, Douglas ultimate front w/ groved radials, Douglas ultimate beadlocks rear with Maxxis MX tires, Lonestar +2+2 Axle & anti fade lock nut, AC racing black line front bumber, AC racing black line nerfs w/ relocated pegs, AC racing rear grab bar powdercoated black, Pro design kill switch, Pro design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter & outerwears wrap, Honda CRF cam, Sparks full exhast, Quadtech hood scoop.

2007 Sponsors- Houser Racing, Nac's, K&K Racing, IMS-ROLL, Tag-Metals, Quadtech, Lonestar Racing, Outterwears.

I ride at Lincoln Trail Motorsports in Casey. The quad guys I am referring to are Tanner and Randy Strohm and Sean Wolf, I however was wrong about Seans and Tanners finishes in Nationals, got wrong info. Tanner was 11th in Open A and Sean I am not sure on his finishing in the Fourstroke. Either way, they are all FAST and they cant ride with the bike guys there. But, the track there isnt real tight corners or anything like that for the most part either.

SORRY

CHRIS29 YOUR WRONG BRO, I THINK YOUR CHECKING OUT WRONG INFO EVERYRACE RESULT IVE SEEN THAT INCLUDES ALL CLASSES MIXED IN SHOW DIRTBIKES FASTER, FROM THE BAJA RACES TO THE MX ONES
    what?

Rhino99 what number do you ride? i have ridden there for 3 years now. I sponsor revn Kevin, Brian Hildebrand, Jimmy Miller, David Nishwitz, Jason moore. They ride there alot too.
    DIRT is a fun four letter word.

I am retired from ATV Racing!!!!

I havent actually raced there in 2 years, and before that I raced a blue 300ex number 713 on the bike, I was actually supposed to be #42, but started racing about June, so I wasnt too concerned about points. I was supposed to race last year but ended up breaking my ankle before I got the chance and was out all season, hopefully I can make a couple races this year. I ride there a lot through the week just playing around. I ride a Black and metal flake red 250r w/TCS shocks all around, probably with #38 on there if you ever see me stop and say hello!

Moocazen did you get the lap times of Red Bud mx or Daneil Boone mx?? No you looked up the baja races and found dirkbikes got faster laps. Yeah of course their going to have faster laps in the baja, its wide open with 5th gear pinned. And we all know that dirt bike engines are way faster than Quads. Yes in the baja they are faster. So no your the one who is wrong!! And unless you come up with some comparisons with those two mx tracks I just mentioned Quads are faster or just as good as dirtbikes on a mx track.

Rhino99 Thats pretty weird. My numbers this year for that district are 173. Kinda cool how the numbers are just rearranged. I will most definitely keep my out for you. Good luck this year. Mo
    DIRT is a fun four letter word.

I am retired from ATV Racing!!!!

Haha, that is pretty weird! Like I said though, those werent my district numbers, just the numbers I liked. I havent been on the track since last March, I heard that they changed it some, like the double doubles before the tunnel jump are now really hard for the quads to jump because they are steeper or something? Any truth to that? I cant wait to get back out there and get to racing. My R is in about a milion pieces getting powdercoated rgiht now, but we should ride together sometime this summer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast