Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WB E-Series vs. Big Gun???

Question WB E-Series vs. Big Gun???

Hey all I just bought a 2000 400ex and I was trying to decide on whether I should buy a WB E-Series or the Big Gun. I was just wondering if I could get some input on which would provide me with the best performance and why.
    Thanks,
    FullThrottle

out of those to pipes the big gun would provide the most hp. the big gun has more high flow and also state of the art coating for lower heat.

HP GAINS = AROUND 3-4 HP AND WITH MODS HELPS

MY CHOICE WOULD BE A ct RACING SYSTEM OR A LRD SYSTEM I LIKE THE LRD'S THE MOST AND THEY WILL PROFORM THE BEST.
    THEY ARE ALITTLE MORE BUT WORTH THE MONEY

HP GAINS = 4-5
    MY 2 CENTS

LATER MAN jay
    Current sponcers:
    The Quad Shop
    Pro Fab Atv
    Mcgee Construction
    New Image Car Care
    R+R Racing
    AMSOIL

current machines:
    1986 250r, gibson long travels, LRD frame,axis long travels,PSI + ESR Engine kits, and all the good stuff to make it turn heads. HELL ITS A "R" ENOUGH SAID ALREADY!

2002 yz 450 Gibson racer, LRD motor work,axis suspension,Gibson chassis,hiper wheels and more

2001 400ex with gibson chassis, axis suspension, LRD 440 kit, and more still building

(2) 2001 300 racers, one with profab 410 stroker, other with fst 395 stroker. both have elka suspension,gibson and walsh chassis

i have a dirt wheels with a pipe shootout on the 400. the white bros did better than big gun

I'm loking to get a pipe for my 400 too and was looking at the E series, but then decided on the Pro Circuit t-4. I likes the WB an the Yoshi but decided on the PC because it was cheap (187.99 is what I found), quiet (95 db), and gives good hp gains. (based on Dirtwheels dyno test)

I don't have the Dirt Wheels, and I'm pretty much a beginning "EX Rider", but I'll tell you my experience for whatever it is worth.

I went to a guy here in the Phoenix area who has a good rep for four-stroke work and asked him his opinion between the White Brothers and Big Gun. He recommended the Big Gun so I went that route. I got the Big Gun Race full system and installed it myself. It went on painlessly and looked great. Then, since I didn't have any experience working on quads, I bought the Honda Maintenance Manual. With the manual in hand, I changed the jets and moved the needle clip according to Big Gun's recommendations and put everything back together. Everything went smoothly and the bike ran great. I didn't have a chance to ride it until I got to the dunes last weekend. I was very happy with the results, especially after riding my brother-in-law's 400EX with an FMF full system, and comparing the two. My brother-in-law said he was impressed as well.

Again, I am not an expert and couldn't tell you which pipe is better or worse, and my guess is that there are pipes out there better than both, but my experience with Big Gun has been a good one, and I'm a satisfied Big Gun customer.
    06 Raptor 700 (Kyle-43)
    (AC Nerfs, AC Six-Pack Rack)

06 450R (Ashton-17)
    (AC Nerfs, Curtis Sparks Big Core full race exhaust)

04 Z-400 (Lane-13)
    (AC Nerfs, PRM 6-Pack Rack)

03 Chevy 2500 HD/Duramax/Allison
    05 Weekend Warrior 31 ' 5th Wheel

a cupple weaks a go we put a big gunon my buddies 400 and it had good gains. then a week later he got a pro meg e series and put that on and wow that really made it come alive so that was what we had for results.
    I dont have a wheeler but i work on all my friends. I have a dirt bike but all i do is get hurt on it. People say i should go to 4 wheels but whenever i ride one i'm allways on 2

I got a big gun for my 250ex, and it works great. It is only the slip-on, so i can't imagine what a full system will do. looks great sounds great works great, i would go with the big gun

Hi I would suggest the big gun, It looks lik it would be lighter and trust me that makes a difference. the E series from what i have heard is a good pipe butt, i have a big gun on my 416 and its a great sounding pipe. Also great looking. The big gun sounds better than the WB, i know cuz my uncle has an WB e-series on his yamiyaw craptor, and my 416 sounds better. Go with the gun
    and ride red!!
    FOR SALE!! 330ex 98 PRO FAB ATV elka suspension, pivot works a-arms bearings, 254 MX webcam, 400ex carb(152 main jet), port polish, jagg oil cooler, hardened rockers, bored sleeved, titanium springs, JE piston, renthal handlebars, sidewinder drive system (14F 36R), wirts clutch lever and perch (moose), barnet disks, lonestar brake block-off plate, trail tech lights/computer, polished throttle cover, DG nerf bars, AC grab bar, AC skidplate, Orange Maier plastic (clearcoated), polished gas knob, durablue axle, prodesign kill switch, kenda claws 18’R 20’F on .125 polished Douglas rims, RAD locknut/dual row carrier, polished jaws front bumper, DG chrome pipe, EHS racing air box lid, uni filter,Blue RAD L.E.D. light.....YES ITS FAST

2001 416ex
    Built by pro fab atv, port and polish, XR400 cam, FCR 39 oversized valves, Hinson clutch basket, Trail tech computer, custom axis comp. adjustable triple rate shocks front and rear, renthal bars, razrs all around, Hinson side case (red) ,Wrist wrester, Duncan racing bumper, polished frame guard. Full body skids. new plastic, Douglas ultimate wheels, dg pro peg nerfs red netting, armadillo, works connection clutch, big gun race polished exhaust jets and k&n filter, brake block off, sidewinder chain and sprocket, nacs racing headlight covers, polished gas cap, chrome lonestar steering stem, lots of other polished parts

450 kodiak

How loud is the big gun?

White Bros complete system. Check out GT Thunder's dyno shootout, the Big Gun doesn't do too well: http://www.geocities.com/gtthunder.geo/testbed_set.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast