Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camping info for all LBL riders

camping info for all LBL riders

Here's some info for anyone goin to LBL in April for the exriders get together...THis place is about 5 minutes away and has not only campsites but small cabins you can rent for like $30 a night,,but the cabin is basically a shelter with a front porch,,no beds or sinks,,etc...A good place to stay dry.

Wranglers Campground,,,,,,,,,,,To reserve a shelter, call
    270-924-2044, Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm.

What, and where is LBL?
    04 Camo Suzuki Vinson

Its regaurding the EXrider group ride at Turkey Bay at LBL...Land Between the Lakes in western Kentucky.
    Is that where you are going to stay Rico? Id think it would be better if we all stayed in the same location. Ive never stayed overnight there so I dont know where to go. I just thought maybe we were going to camp at TB itself, like down by where the main road inside goes down by the lake.
    Last edited by Moto92; 02-21-2002 at 10:33 PM.
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

We just got back from there this past weekend. Weather was perfect! Rained on the way up and when we crossed the TN river, it stopped. A little chilly at night, but 45-55 or so during the day. PERFECT. We went up to the silo and were lucky enough to see a bald eagle soaring in the air about 30' away. It was awesome!

We had never camped there until this time. No electricity. They upgraded the johnny's though. There is some water somewhere, I hear... as in one faucet for everyone. Anyway, we stayed in a 20' enclosed with a house (propane) heater in it. It couldn't have been any better.... Well we did miss watching Huevos Grandes vids at the trailer at night. Generator is too noisy! There is an area designated for 24hr. generators for those of you who have them.
    Honda, Best On Earth
    2000 400EX, 1996 300EX and a 1997 LT80 - each with a bunch of custom schtuff on'em!
    2001 CR250
    2002 KDX220

Rico.... Oh yeah, my son and I came out of the woods and onto one of the coves there. This guy was on a 400 with cut fenders and a number on the front... I stopped and asked him if his name was Rico. Of course he had never heard of EXRiders. I filled him in on the April ride.
    Honda, Best On Earth
    2000 400EX, 1996 300EX and a 1997 LT80 - each with a bunch of custom schtuff on'em!
    2001 CR250
    2002 KDX220

arghh sounds like so much fun, its not too far of a drive from memphis, but im only 15 , 1. i cant drive yet, and 2. id have to ride a 90cc bike or below.... :grr :grr :grr o well ill be there next year, guaranteed!
    2001 Red 400ex, white brothers E-series slip on, Razr 2 rears, raz'r fronts, 155 jetting, renthals, shockwears, k&n filter, graydon proline nerf bars, graydon proline front bumper,

350 Rancher ES

97 Tacoma - 6cyl, 3.5" fabtech lift, 33's

85 4runner - 8" lift, 38.5" Swamper SX's, 9,000 lb Winch, gears, locked front and rear

Dates for the LBL meeting

What are the dates for the meet down at LBL?

BlastrEatr300ex,

We drove up from Memphis too. About 4 hrs. I think you could ride the 300. They don't check that too closely. As a matter of fact, I just realized that I clearly had his age as 11 when I registered him on his 80.

Where do you guys usually ride in Memphis?
    Honda, Best On Earth
    2001 CR250
    2002 KDX220

froggie, the dates are April 5-7.
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

I'll be reserving a cabin this week for the trip,,I believe they're setup for around 4 people,,,I'd like to camp at turkey bay,,but we're comin up on the rainy season and knowing I have a solid shelter around and over me sounds much better than bein stuck in a tent if it does rain..once I get everything straightened out I'll post the location and cabin number for you other guys if ya want to reserve one close,,so we can sit around at night and tell lie's about how fast we are..

I'll be in Cabin A-4 at wranglers campground,,,it's located near the front entrance,,they said they have no more small cabins but do have 2 large ones left right next to the cabin I got.

Large cabins are $49
    small cabins are $29 both have electric but no water
    but showers are in campground.

I won't be down until saturday either...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast