Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drive Sprocket

Question Drive Sprocket

I know that this is probably a really dumb question, but.... how do I take my chain off (stock). I can't find any master link....there is one, isn't there? I'm trying to change my drive sprocket to a 14 tooth... any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

I don't think the stock one has a masterlink. You can loosen yours a lot until you can get the sprocket off. When I put a new chain on mine i had the swingarm off so it was easy. My sidewinder chain has a masterlink.

Loosen the allen bolts in the back of the swingarm. Then take a holepunch and put it in the square shape of the chain tightener between the swingarm and your rear sproket. Push that forward and it will loosen your chain. Just do that enough to be able to get the front sproket off. Make sure to check the tension of your chain before you loosen it.
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

I loosedned my chain all of the way & then walked it off the back sprocket........this made it possible to remove the front sprocket.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Thanks for your guys' help...

Or you could take off the rear sprocket it's four bolts and let it rest on the axle, then there is plenty of room to get your chain out of the way.

My first thought when I seen this is 'Why do you need to take your chain off to put on a 14 tooth sprocket?' Must be a 300ex thing or something.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Originally posted by nakomis0
    My first thought when I seen this is 'Why do you need to take your chain off to put on a 14 tooth sprocket?' Must be a 300ex thing or something.
    no..the stock 400EX is delivered with no masterlink in the chain........
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Yup, I know all about the 400ex chain. I was just sayin you don't have to take the chain off. You just have to loosen the carrier, and remove the chain guard. Then remove your sprocket.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Thanks for everyones' help...... I put it on today and I love it!!! I can finally used 3rd gear over our homemade whoops whithout bogging down. I can also climb better in 3rd. Thanks once again....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast