Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HRC kit

Hybrid View

Where did you hear that at? That is the first I have heard of it. Our shop has 3 HRC kits on order. They haven't shown up yet to my knowledge but they are on order. I highly doubt that that is true. There are so many rumors going around it is sick. I wish the damn things would just come out already to put all the rumors to rest. I guess when I get mine I will measure the cam loabs and let you all know if there is a difference.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

Yeah, there are a lot of rumors, but the bottom line is that Honda keeps screwing around and it isn't because the TRX450R's aren't built and I really doubt that is because of handling (come on, Honda has had the best handling atv's forever), that leaves the motor...this info regarding the cam mods came from the guy who builds my motors...it is what he heard, so for now it is just hearsay...however, this is the same guy that told me to buy the Yamaha in early November instead of waiting for the Honda because of problems...he also confirmed the Jan 28th date a week or better before my local Honda/Yamaha dealer even knew about it. Maybe it is hearsay, but if I were still in the market for a 450R, I would at least ask my dealer if they know anything about new cam mods...I am just saying, don't waste your money if they already fixed the problem!

I have been a honda dealer for 40 years now and to install that cam should not take more than 2 or a little more hours.Warranty on all quads dirt bikes is 6 months.If honda says its a race quad then on the cr and crf there id no warranty.I dont think they are calling it a race quad though.The power up kit retail price is $300.00 and thry claim it will give you a 13 percent increase.Should be out at the end of january but it only takes one fax from honda to tell me different and have not got that fax yet .I have front bumpers skid plates and even a set of ac nerf bars as you read this .AC has stuff in stock they are waiting to release the pro pegs till the machine is released.I am positive that it will be worth the wait........................Cheis
    The Wisconsin Quad MX Series Promoter
    ..........COME RACE WITH US......................
    Kasper Racing
    Mikes Cycle Shop

XFR Extreme fabrication racing

The latest I have heard is Jan 28th for the first release...however, the apparent reason is that it was only making about 34 hp at the rear wheels in stock form so they decided to basically put the hrc mod kit in (at least the bigger cam anyway) straight from the factory. If Honda doesn't offer the hop-up kit, we'll know this was the real reason for the delay...if they do, I would still ask my dealer some questions before I went out and paid extra for it.
    Do you guys really want to know the real reason the bikes are late????
    The bikes are sitting in the warehouses with NO motors in them. They didn't have any problems at all with them, the motors are made in japan and shipped over. they screwed up on the shipping.

then when are we getting them?

Hawk III can you elaborate on that statement? Where did you get the info, just curious.
    Thanx!
    Hit the gas and grin!

2004 TRX 450Fn'R
    Lonestar Axle, LSR AntiFade Hub
    Pro Tapers, Accerbis Handguards
    Beadlocks, Razr MX'ers
    Sparks X6 Race Exhaust
    Sparks Aggresive Drop Camshaft
    Sparks Jet Kit & Filter Kit
    A/C Nerfs
    Blingstar Iron Cross Bumper
    RTC Clutch Perch, and Lever
    PRM Radiator Shrouds
    Denton Adj. Steering Dampner
    Houser +1 Steering Stem, w/Anti-Vibe
    ASR A-Arms +2w,+1F
    Elka Triple Rates (ssd) with Remote Rezzy's

It should only take about an hour to do cams in that bike. I can do DOHC car cams degreed and all in a little over 3 hours. Maybe it will take you 2 hours if you are not using air tools.
    03 400EX dmc alien pipe, k&n, 14t front, & 22x11x9 holeshot xct's.

03 GSXR 600 hindle race high mount w/ ti can, frame sliders, bmc race filter, & pc IIIr with custom map. 106 rwh.

HRC Kit....

just my.02...I think the hrc kit is a waste of money. I will have a full custom exhaust, put the 03 cam in from the crf450r dirt bike and also add the fcr carb. The high compression piston will take a little while to get but I will also have that put in when one is made.

I agree. Just hype for them to make more money. You can spend that money on parts from sparks or tc & probably get alot more power.
    03 400EX dmc alien pipe, k&n, 14t front, & 22x11x9 holeshot xct's.

03 GSXR 600 hindle race high mount w/ ti can, frame sliders, bmc race filter, & pc IIIr with custom map. 106 rwh.

Originally posted by Derrick D
    I agree. Just hype for them to make more money. You can spend that money on parts from sparks or tc & probably get alot more power.
    I doubt it. Usually the HRC stuff is about the best you can get. Honda made the engine and they know how to make it fast.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast