Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HRC kit

Originally posted by jeff1984
    my dealer told me 300 for the kit and they would install it for free. they also said that if i were to put it in myself it would void any type of warrenty, but if they put it in for me the bike has a warrenty.
    How many year warranty did your dealer tell you that they had for the 450r? My buddy the other day was on the phone with our honda dealer and they told him the 450r was a Race bike so it did not come with a warranty (that would suck!)
    1989 250r, LRD silencer, Delta v-force reeds, Keihin 40.5mm PWK carb, k&n air filter, custom air shrouds, ESR 350pv big Bore cylinder, ESR head, ESR trx11 pipe, Janssen Racing Basket, AC front bumper, +4 swingarm, tag bars, Elka shocks

Wife's bike:2005 TRX450r.... Full system Yoshimura tri-oval, Hrc kit, K&N air filter

Yes 4 hours is way longer than it will take. More like 1-2 hours tops for anyone that knows what they are doing in a shop.

any race bikes come with no waranty. Any of the CRs are that way. Also most ATVs only have a 6 month warranty anyway and if you install the cam it DOES NOT VOID THE WARRANTY!! If the shop is going to be like that go somewhere else.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

$80/hr shop rate!!! holy crap!!
    Our rate is $30/hr, needless to say my cut out of that isn't very much.

Originally posted by Andy479
    4-5 hours to install a cam and jetting!!!!!!!!! Im thinkin 2hrs tops....that with a half hour lunch inluded!!

No I think your wrong 4-5 is more resonable. I've done cams and to do it right takes about 5 hrs.
    07 TC/JB yfz450

Thanks to www.ohiointernationalraceway.com

i can see MAYBE 4hrs on a DOHC motor, but not just to swap 1 cam. Unless you take a smoke break after every bolt.

Wink hrc kit

i also felt that i should wait for the install until i have ridden for a while,but a couple of things to think about,when the quad is new there should not be dirt/sand in nooks and crannies that can get into the engine,also you would be breaking in cam to head only once,also i live 40 miles from my dealer and he will be more willing to get the kit installed before i pick up and pay than afterwards, and for me it would mean only one trip not 3(pick up,drop off,pick up) let alone the time that i would be w/o the quad.i also am not concerned w/hours he is charging me,the money($140-$150) IT IS NOT WORTH THE HASSLE FOR ME TO JACK WITH IT!,which is the whole reason i sold my 250r,i want to ride my quad w/o always working/tweaking w/it.one last thought when i recieve my 450r before i bring it home i will go to my friend's house and race his yfz(bone stock) and i want to be sure to whoop his a**. later!!!!!
    ted abrams

I agree, doing the cam should take maybe a half hour. Another 1 for the jetting. I have done two yfz cams and it only took 30 minutes from start to finish on the second one, and that included dropping one of the moon clips and finding it again.

Originally posted by C41Xracer
    No I think your wrong 4-5 is more resonable. I've done cams and to do it right takes about 5 hrs.
    How many cams have you done? I could probably do a set of cams in a YFZ in 1-1.5 hours REALLY easy. Probably more like under 1. I just retarted the ex. cam in a YFZ yesterday and going at a somewhat slow pace I did that and installed a jet kit and full exhaust system and new GYRT air filter and jet kit in about 2.5hours. Probably only took about 45 min to do the cam mod and it wouldn't take much more than about 5 more minutes to actually pull the other cam and replace both. And if I was in a hurry then I could probably have done the cams in a half an hour. That is just dropping them in not actually degreeing them. If you are degreeing the cam when you put it in then yes it will take longer but most cams don't have adjustable sprockets so you can't degree them anyway.

Something else to consider on the time and shop rate. I would bet my shop would charge like 2 hours do install it so that would be $160.00. The shops that have a much lower shop rate will usually jack the time up more so that they still make their money. So the cost to have it done at the $30hr shop is going to be about the same as at the shop I work at at $80hr.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

I already posted this in another forum, but here it goes again...If you are thinking about buying the HRC kit (if in fact it is offered) you probably are going to want to read this...

The latest I have heard is Jan 28th for the first release...however, the apparent reason is that it was only making about 34 hp at the rear wheels in stock form so they decided to basically put the hrc mod kit in (at least the bigger cam anyway) straight from the factory. If Honda doesn't offer the hop-up kit, we'll know this was the real reason for the delay...if they do, I would still ask my dealer some questions before I went out and paid extra for it.

I am just glad that I went with the YFZ and wait for the TRX...don't get me wrong, I love Honda's and still have my full-race 400ex...but there is no way that the serious mxers are going to get the parts they need for the TRX450R by the time race season starts...in fact, most will be lucky if they even have their quad by then.

Thumbs up Would be nice!

And where do you get this info from? That would be sweet if your info is right. Honda should have done this from the get go. I think they got an itch to make a little more by offering a kit a lot of people wanted in there bike in the first place. Just a thought!
    MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/danadaniels

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast