Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YFZ450 takes the 12hrs of atv america race!!!

YFZ450 takes the 12hrs of atv america race!!!

Not to start a war or anything. Just wanted to point out that a yfz is aslo a reliable machine, which seems to be the reason many hard core honda boy's won't buy a yamaha. The YFZ took first in the pro class by nearly nine minutes, and took third in the A class and third in the B class. Not too bad for an unreliable yamaha. They did change a-arms, shocks, swingarm, air filter and exhaust, but 95% of all racers will change these items on any machine they race.
    04 YFZ450 Yoshi full Ti system, K&N filter, cam mod, X-factor nerfs, PRP +2 a-arms, LSR +4 axle, Crome +1 antivibe stem, Hypers front and rear, and some other small things.

what did they do about the over charging the battery problems they were having at PDV
    Nobody trains for 2nd place.

Turned the headlights on

Ok so thats like YFZ-1 TRX-3 now as I recall. That aint to bad. You can't win them all! Also just because a quad wins one race doesn't mean that it is reliable or not. Just that it will hold together long enough for one race.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

What three races has the trx won other than the baja?
    04 YFZ450 Yoshi full Ti system, K&N filter, cam mod, X-factor nerfs, PRP +2 a-arms, LSR +4 axle, Crome +1 antivibe stem, Hypers front and rear, and some other small things.

when did quads start racing themselves last i checked a "rider" made the quad haul *** good rider....good quad. brand means JACK

the trx also won an Mx race i forgot which one but it was a while ago and it beat a yfz that was all tricked out and the trx only had itp holeshots and i think i think a white bros pipe

It was an expert in the 30+ int. class at Glen Helen. See Pappy's post, he is one of the few who have this figured out. Good riders win races on just about anything, and yes it's just that simple. Great quads do not produce great riders, but great riders put in great rides, no matter what color the machine is. The checkered flag is still black and white, great riders just see it first.
    08 Foreman 500 w/power steering
    06 450R w/HRC kit
    05 300ex
    03 CRF/XR 50 w/ 70 engine
    ? china 90 quad (won in a raffle)

Man...

I swear reading these posts is MADDENING!! Pappy seems to be the only one who has any sense at all on this topic! The YFZ is a great quad, I have one I know! The TRX450R is gonna be a great quad, I have had many Honda products, and Honda has been doing this for far too long to make junk! It is always gonna come down to the rider! I have a friend who had been riding 250 r's for almost 15 years, while I just returned to quad riding after about a 10 yr hiatus. When we drag raced a few times, I beat him by 12 or so in a hundred yards every time! When we practice jumping his r (with TCS shocks) will bottom out where mine won't. I got electric start, he doesn't. I have about 45 horse or whatever while his 250 r is probably in the mid 30's. When we get on the track, I always get the holeshot but as soon as we get into the course I can't keep up cause he is a better rider than I am! Now give me some more time and practice that may not be the case, but all of this argument and banter back and forth is RIDICULOUS!! MY dad can beat up your dad! no I have a bigger penis! Yeah well my nads weigh 16 lbs! Please guys, grow up!! If you like Honda, buy a Honda, If you like Yamaha, get one of those! But quit arguing because it is just plain stupid.....

Maxx
    08 kfx 450r
    Phoenix Performance Pipe
    Fuel customs Intake
    Dyna tek FI controller

Well said Maxx, Well said.
    08 Foreman 500 w/power steering
    06 450R w/HRC kit
    05 300ex
    03 CRF/XR 50 w/ 70 engine
    ? china 90 quad (won in a raffle)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast