Thread: Big Bore Kits

Big Bore Kits

Ok if i understand it right, an XR400 cam will drop right in the EX without any head mods right? What are the power characteristic differences between the 416 and the 440? I know the 416 kit wll still use the stck sleeve. Besides the outside machine work, is it that hard to do these mods yourself with brains and a manual? Or is it worth paying dough to have it done? How much would it cost? I'm thinking somewhere around 10.5:1 compesion would be a good compromise, would you reccomed all these mods at once, just a stock high comp. piston, or which big bore? Thanks a lot!

Might as well do all that you can when the motor is open. If your fairly mechanicaly inclined you should be able to do the installation yourself with a good manual.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~