Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakin in

Breakin in

ok i've talked it over with my parents and with the dealer and we decided that we are goin to try and get the new 450 after i sell my 300ex and save money,well i was wondering about breakin it in i figured atleast 5 hours or more,or just a full tank of gas and no gettin it muddy,what do u think.should it be ready to go after a fuel tank of gas
    04 HONDA 450R SOLD

06CRF 250R

Break it in like you're gonna ride it.
    Been there...beat that.

Cool Re: Breakin in

Originally posted by 300extreme#8
    ok i've talked it over with my parents and with the dealer and we decided that we are goin to try and get the new 450 after i sell my 300ex and save money,well i was wondering about breakin it in i figured atleast 5 hours or more,or just a full tank of gas and no gettin it muddy,what do u think.should it be ready to go after a fuel tank of gas

Here's something from Duncan racing about breaking in your new fourstroke. This is what I will do when I get mine!! Have fun breaking it in!!

http://www.duncanracing.com/techfaq/...break-in.phtml
    MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/danadaniels

Naaaaaaa.

Do it like I said. Break in those rings the right way in the 1st half hour. This is a crucial time. It's up to you. Break in in like you stole it and have a "faster" machine 9 times out of 10. Or you can do the "suggested" way. lol. You think Duncan's top riders break thiers in like that? lol. Hell no. They do it right...like they stole it.

Warm it up for one couple minutes. Then go ride it they way it's supposed to be ridden.
    Been there...beat that.

DITTO THAT!
    New quad are pretty much broke in when you get them anyway, if your putting the HRC kit on I would consider it since it is a new cam in a cylinder head that has been ran some.
    Hit the gas and grin!

2004 TRX 450Fn'R
    Lonestar Axle, LSR AntiFade Hub
    Pro Tapers, Accerbis Handguards
    Beadlocks, Razr MX'ers
    Sparks X6 Race Exhaust
    Sparks Aggresive Drop Camshaft
    Sparks Jet Kit & Filter Kit
    A/C Nerfs
    Blingstar Iron Cross Bumper
    RTC Clutch Perch, and Lever
    PRM Radiator Shrouds
    Denton Adj. Steering Dampner
    Houser +1 Steering Stem, w/Anti-Vibe
    ASR A-Arms +2w,+1F
    Elka Triple Rates (ssd) with Remote Rezzy's

yea i broke my 400ex in that way....soon as i pulled it off the truck...i was ridding wheelies up the driveway and givin her hell...i knew she would hold up...come on now its a honda....altho.....i can say....id never break in a yamaha like that....too scared it would break down...i bet money if i pulled a yamaha off the truck (not saying that it would ever be a yamaha on my truck) but if i pulled a yamajunk fresh off the truck and reamed her arse and kept it pinned....i bet money it would break or not act right...so i agree...break it in like your going to ride it...its pretty much the same concept with buying a new car....you dont go to the dealer ship and buy a brand new vette and just poke arround...the 1st thing u want to do when they hand you the keys is pinn it and atleast lay a few burnouts to see what shes got........ride it hard....breaks it in better...
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

Originally posted by JWhite
    You think Duncan's top riders break thiers in like that? lol. Hell no. They do it right...like they stole it.
    You honestly thing that Duncan would post the proper procedure for breaking in a new bike then go and do something different. You are nuts.

I'd run a tank or two through it before you run it hard. I know it is hard to do but it WILL make more power if you brake it in properly rather than just running the piss out of it.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

read this and this explains the whole engine break in theory
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

Originally posted by TCracin440ex
    http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

read this and this explains the whole engine break in theory
    I rest my case...

Like I said....that's how we do it.
    Been there...beat that.

Ya Ya I've seen his articles before. It is kinda funny though. EVERYONE besides him in the industry says to take it easy the first little while on an engine. I would be willing to put money on that the manufacturers have put LOTS LOTS more time and money into r&d as to what it the best way to brake in a bike. Not to mention all the r&d engine builders such as Duncan have put into it. I guess they are all just stupid? I don't think so. I have heard time and time again stories of two identical bikes that one got the crap ridden out of it from the get go and the other was broken in properly and the properly broken in engine ran better and had more power. I think a lot of people go along with what this guy says because they want to just go rip on their new bike and this gives them the excuse they need to not feel bad about it. You all feel free to brake them in any way you choose but I'll brake mine in properly thank you!
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast