Thread: Axle bearings?

Axle bearings?

Well my axle bearing went out yesturday. So I am going to get a pivot works rear axle kit. But I heard that once you break the stock axle nut loose its hard to keep it tight. So would I be better off buying an aftermarket axle nut or will the stock one still due? This is on a 400ex.
    For any and all of your supplement needs visit..http://www.planetarynutrition.com/?Click=7517

Construction has begun on C-4 Motorsports, and should be up and running by next summer!!!!

The stock one will work just fine.Remember that after you ride a couple of times with the new bearings that you will have to tighten the axle nut up until they (bearings)get set.This should only happen the first or second ride,after that make sure everthing is tight then take some black electrical tape and wrap it around the axle nut.I always went around until the nut was coverd so I would have a Stash of eletric tape in case of emergencies out on the trail.
    Big B

Spend the $130 on an aftermarket carrier with grease zerk and ditch the POS stocker..

He's talking about the axle nut you big dummy
    Big B

The stock one will work, but the aftermarket ones are easier to put on and take off. I also agree with rico, instead of the pivot works set, just get a new billet carrier. Check around, you might be able to find one cheap. That grease zerk is very nice.
    99 440ex
    Ross 440; 11:1, Hotcam stg. 2, Mild port and polish, Doug Eichner Edelbrock carb,Se7en Racing oil tank, FMF Powerbomb pipe w/ T4 silencer, AC racing front bumper, front Elka triple rates w/piggybacks, Elka revalve and zps resprung rear, Home made T-pin front suspension, Roll Design pegs w/ kickups, DG nerfs, Burgard Carrier, Lonestar Axle, Alloy Specialties axle nut, Gusseted frame

Originally posted by Bill Fuller
    He's talking about the axle nut you big dummy
    He said his axle bearings went out and that he was buyin a kit..