Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Tim Farr Illegal??

Is Tim Farr Illegal??

Last I heard Tim was going to race the SFX indoor series in January but they have switched to a production based class like the ATVA. Does this mean he cann't race the 450R since Honda isn't producing them until Febuary?
    And if Honda delay's even a few days they will not be in dealerships before the Feb. 8th GNC at Glen Helen which means he may not be able to race the first round either.
    If I understand the rules correctly don't they have to be a currently produced ATV that is readily available at the dealerships in order to be eligable for the production class.

wouldnt that be a b!tch
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Thumbs up Re: Is Tim Farr Illegal??

Originally posted by trx11t
    Last I heard Tim was going to race the SFX indoor series in January but they have switched to a production based class like the ATVA. Does this mean he cann't race the 450R since Honda isn't producing them until Febuary?
    And if Honda delay's even a few days they will not be in dealerships before the Feb. 8th GNC at Glen Helen which means he may not be able to race the first round either.
    If I understand the rules correctly don't they have to be a currently produced ATV that is readily available at the dealerships in order to be eligable for the production class.
    I think this guy deserves an award for the most thought out, most intelligent question EVER asked on here.

Cheers trx!!

RED
    No matter what you ride, its all good.
    -------------------------

2000 440EX (Sold)
    --------------------------
    2003 Polaris Predator (Sold)

Re: Is Tim Farr Illegal??

just because it isn't shipping doesn't not mean they are non-existant. this the the production class and the ATV's have gone into production their just a little late but their are still in production, production being the Key word so it would not stop him from using the 450R.

I could be completely wrong here so don't slam me but does that mean we are supposed to take a manufactures word for it that it is "In Production". What would stop LRD from saying they are "In Production of 500 Titanium framed quads" so their rider could be the only rider at the track.
    In the past I thought I saw something that said 500 units have to be available to the public at the time of the race in order to be eligable?
    I guess my point is that there has to be some measurable way to determine what is an actual production ATV. I'm sure it will be a mute point since I don't think anyone will dispute that Honda is going to produce this ATV someday.

In the dirt bike world, they have the homolgation rule, that is similar to this production business. There must be so many units available for sale in the US for a bike to be eligible. Except that there was a wavier on some of the four stroke for 1 development year.

Back to our screwy world. The AMA is not going to shut mother Honda down, over a trivial matter like this. Who do you think funds the AMA mostly?

I'm sure you are right. What would happen if a racer protested though? I checked the rules and it is very vague so I guess they could come up with some excuse to let it slide.
    It could turn into an ugly mess though. Maybe that will push Honda to get off their butts and get them to the dealerships.

Good question, and post. Technically yes, it sounds like it would be illegal, but Big Al is absolutly correct, they won't shut Honda down.

I bet this thread is full of My this can beat your that in a day.
    TRX500R
    LTZ400
    TRX450R
    Venom Powersports
    Klein Racing
    RMD
    Tuners Edge
    Kryptonite Racing
    KBR

Since the 04 rule book isn't up here is the line out of the 03 book.
    "All engines used in sanctioned competition must be production model ATV engines (or single cylinder production model motorcycle engines) Available for sale to the general public.

If someone protested I don't know how they would get around this one.
    I guess we will see soon.

Re: Is Tim Farr Illegal??

I would bet there are already Hundreds of them produced with legal VIN number and such. Just to feed the supply chain for an end of Jan. delivery they started long ago. Available for sale to the general public is where it could get dicey. Technically a dealer would or could sell you one today, just couldn't deliver and register it to you. It is interesting though.

jarsong

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast