Thread: pull start or kick start kits

Question pull start or kick start kits

Are there any pull start or kick start kits for and '03 400ex? If so where and how much.
    2003 Honda 400ex
    HMF slip-on, K&N w/pre-wrap, Dyno-jet, Power Madd, Renthal Bars, DG Fat Nerfs, DG Baja Full Body Skid, Kenda Klaw XC, Factory Effix

i think you have to getr the parts from an xr400 for the kickstart but then you loose the electric start?
    2003 4??EX w/: too much stuff to list. im afraid to total the receipts.
    2001 AC ZR600 vev efi le ITS FORSALE
    1995 Chevy S-10 LS 4.3 5speed 6/7 drop with some custom stuff....lowest static in town....

Originally posted by ReconRider25
    i think you have to getr the parts from an xr400 for the kickstart but then you loose the electric start?
    and I don't see why you would want to remove your electris start...unless loosing a whole whooping 5 pounds is really that big of a deal to you. In my opinion its just a waste of time, and its a lost easier to push a button, than it is to kick it over. If you want a kick start, buy a 450r
    Nick Reid

Special Thanks Goes To C&D Racing!

your best bet would be to pretend that you never had this idea

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

You need the side case and starting mechanism from an XR400.
    00 440EX
    01 CR125
    http://www.quadstop.com

Check it.

I guess I'm kinda old school and like the kick starts too. It's amazing how lazy people have gotten in this sport over the last decade. The biggest problem with the kick start on the 400EX derived from the XR400 is that it will kick backward so you would either have to cut the fender off ( or you would have to remove the fenders everytime you want to start it. Personally I don't think it is really worth it. If you want to save weight just remove the battery and regulator/rectifier and use a jumper box to start it with by putting the jumper wires directly on the starter lug and to ground. Just don't kill it when you don't have a jumper around or in the middle of a race.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

Its not that i want to get rid of the electric start. I would entend to use it as a back up if my battery fails for some reason.
    2003 Honda 400ex
    HMF slip-on, K&N w/pre-wrap, Dyno-jet, Power Madd, Renthal Bars, DG Fat Nerfs, DG Baja Full Body Skid, Kenda Klaw XC, Factory Effix

Just keep a tow strap with you and have someone pull you and bump start it if that happens.
    04 450r: HRC kit, Sparks full system, Hipers all around, IMS pegs, Tag bars, Traitech riser clamp, Powermadd hand guards, Axe body skid, PRM swinger skid and grab bar.

*SOLD* - 425EX setup for the woods with all the goodies...

Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
    I guess I'm kinda old school and like the kick starts too. It's amazing how lazy people have gotten in this sport over the last decade. The biggest problem with the kick start on the 400EX derived from the XR400 is that it will kick backward so you would either have to cut the fender off ( or you would have to remove the fenders everytime you want to start it. Personally I don't think it is really worth it. If you want to save weight just remove the battery and regulator/rectifier and use a jumper box to start it with by putting the jumper wires directly on the starter lug and to ground. Just don't kill it when you don't have a jumper around or in the middle of a race.
    Exactly. Thats like the new luxury cars out today. Ridiculous. I prefer the kickstart over the electric start any day
    00 440EX
    01 CR125
    http://www.quadstop.com

Check it.