Thread: 450R exhaust db level (stock and HRC)

450R exhaust db level (stock and HRC)

Has anyone read anything mentioning the db level of the stock 450R and the db level of one with the HRC kit?

I know I read one article that said the stock 450R, like the stock YFZ450, is very quiet...but did any of the articles regarding the 450R 1st ride down in Texas validate this or mention guesses to BOTH of these #'s?

My dealer said the CRF450R (dirtbike) is LOUD, even in stock form, and when modded/piped, it gets insanely loud. Due to this, he thinks the 450R will be loud in stock form...

Does anyone know?

HMF-dude, you've dyno'd the 450R...how loud or quiet was it, in stock form and then with your pipe on it?
    2004 TRX450R - HRC, AC F.Bumper, db Eliminator 2+2, G-Force F/W Spacers.

im sure this will be a loud quad like the cannondales but definately not with the stock exhausts....I am also almost positive it wont be noticeably louder with the HRC kit than when it was in stock form....the engine may have a louder VROOM noise to it...

i heard 89db stock and 96 or 98db HRC kit. I can't remeber exactly where it was but it was an online test page

ask harlen he actually saw one race
    2001 Red 416ex #82

Parting out a 2000 Blaster
    Click here For blaster Parts

Parting out a 2001 TRX400EX as well, PM me for information

I would be in stock form it will be very quiet. When you take the baffle out of the end of the pipe and install the nw HRC end cap I would bet it is quite a bit louder. With a full aftermarket system or even just a slip on I would be it get's pretty loud.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

i think the stock pipe will sound like the stock 400ex pipe....they look pretty much the same...400ex pipe was louder than the yfz 450 with the spark arrester in......and the hrc endcap proally sounds like the 400ex with the end cap removed...
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

This review states around 96db on the HRC endcap...thats about what my 416 with WB E-series measured...not bad!

http://www.atvrideronline.com/web/at...450R_11222003/

Also, one of the editors from ******** (who went down to TX for the initial ride) just emailed me back confirming the HRC-equipped 450R wasn't even as loud as most aftermarket 400EX exhausts.
    2004 TRX450R - HRC, AC F.Bumper, db Eliminator 2+2, G-Force F/W Spacers.