Thread: Long travel or not to long travel that is the question?

Long travel or not to long travel that is the question?

I have a dilema........long travel A-arms or not .What is the difference and is it that noticeable?

Tese are for my soon to be 450r.I have +2+1 on my 265r and was curious if the long travel were any different.

If you race mx, you might wanna lean towards +2 or +3 arms, i dont know if they came out with any yet, but if you want some extra clearance, like if you are gonna race some xc races or just for some occasional trail riding, the long travel might be the way to go. I guess Roll Design already has a set of long travel arms for the 450. My self, i have a pair of +3 lonestar arms for my 400, and i love them, they have enough clearance for trails, and give me all the stability i need for mx. You also might want to look for a decent pair of shocks. I have a cheep pair of works steelers w/resivoirs, but if i get the new 450, i might look at a pair of TCS shocks.

I have a Long travel front end and wouldnt go back! If you have the cash its worth the extra money but if you dont get a good set of shocks to start off with. Its worth it.

http://seven13.home.mindspring.com/id14.html
    2006 LTR450 Almost stock and love it.

Originally posted by plate#410
    If you race mx, you might wanna lean towards +2 or +3 arms, i dont know if they came out with any yet, but if you want some extra clearance, like if you are gonna race some xc races or just for some occasional trail riding, the long travel might be the way to go. I guess Roll Design already has a set of long travel arms for the 450. My self, i have a pair of +3 lonestar arms for my 400, and i love them, they have enough clearance for trails, and give me all the stability i need for mx. You also might want to look for a decent pair of shocks. I have a cheep pair of works steelers w/resivoirs, but if i get the new 450, i might look at a pair of TCS shocks.

The stock 450r shocks should already be better than TCS...dont waste the $$$
    04 HRC 450R (runs like a raped ape!)

District 18 MX "B" Class #479

Tag T2, Kenda Klaws, Douglas Beadlocks, AC stadium bumper and nerfs, Works Connection EZ Pull Clutch. HMF full exhaust, LSR axle, K&K Flame Graphics, Motion Pro Twist Throttle, Carbon-Man Hood, Tusk D-Flex Handguards

Originally posted by Andy479
    The stock 450r shocks should already be better than TCS...dont waste the $$$
    Somebody has been geten into dads liquer!
    2006 LTR450 Almost stock and love it.