Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dyno challenge

dyno challenge

HMF would like to extend an open invitation to anyone would would like to come to our shop and run the dynos with us, we are not trying to scam anyone. All are testing is done with stock tires that can make up to a 6 h.p. difference down

Robb/HMF
    HMF Engineering
    216-631-6980
    http://www.hansmotorradfactory.com
    http://www.hmfengineering.com

Re: dyno challenge

Originally posted by HMFer
    HMF would like to extend an open invitation to anyone would would like to come to our shop and run the dynos with us, we are not trying to scam anyone. All are testing is done with stock tires that can make up to a 6 h.p. difference down

Robb/HMF
    I would prefer FREE samples from HMF!!! HEHE!!

stock tires on a dyno? why not slicks on all your dyno runs? that way your company provides consumers with a more accurate RWHP indication, as opposed to stock rubber low traction results?

BTW, please realize I'm only asking questions here, not arguing- just asking. Please, take no offense. Your open invitation would be seriously be considered if I'm every in Ohio,....

Thanks
    chad502ex
    --------------------------
    ...Having a blast on my 70HP Dynojet tuned 500R!

hmmm drive to ohio to test a pipe from a company who argues with kids .........what do i do.........what do i do

have u read some of these posts lol

Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
    hmmm drive to ohio to test a pipe from a company who argues with kids .........what do i do.........what do i do
    i dont see them arguing...i see an open invitation to clarify any discrepency in thier testing results. either take them up on it or shut it. its very simple.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I glad to have people like hmfer and jnine giving their opionons on the 450r they've actually had them in their possesion before unlike every one else on here.

Hmfer, Sparks racing said it has 42 hp. Besides tires what else may be making the difference?

Using stock tires will net much lower horsepower results than if run with dyno tires. There's a big chunk of the horsepower discrepancy there. Also, every dyno is different and atmospheric conditions are certainly different than when Sparks ran their test.

I think it's a nice comment on HMF's business pratices to openly invite the public to watch them dyno run the quads. I'd rather have that than this behind-the-scenes witchcraft some other companies do.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Thanks for the info guy400!

I agree with you, that's on reason I like this site is because you get to here from people who actually build parts and motors for these quads.

Thanks guys!

Yes, there is "a big chunk of the horsepower discrepancy there" and the discrepancy could have been prevented if slicks were used during the measurements. I guess, I have to ask: Why would an exhaust manufacture post dyno results of thier NEW product using stock tires when they could never accurately predict the transfer of horsepower to the dyno by using stock rubber; thus, not being able to accurately measure the pipes gain? Catch my drift?

Oh, I agree with the comment on the manufactures "Stand-up" offer to have an "Open Door" program. That's professionalism.

chad502ex.com
    --------------------------
    ...Having a blast on my 70HP Dynojet tuned 500R!

Originally posted by chad502ex
    I guess, I have to ask: Why would an exhaust manufacture post dyno results of thier NEW product using stock tires when they could never accurately predict the transfer of horsepower to the dyno by using stock rubber; thus, not being able to accurately measure the pipes gain? Catch my drift?
    I don't know. They only had the quad for one afternoon so it didn't allow them a whole lot of time for tuning, etc. Maybe they didn't have any dyno tires on site the day they ran this quad.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast