Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhuasts

Exhuasts

Im looking for a good performance exuast for my 400 but i live in a populated area were sound levels are pretty important i was lookin at basically all of the brands (DMC, WB, Yoshi, FMF and so on) I want a medium quiet exhuast but a good kick. Any suggestions?????

if noise is the case go with the white brothers with quiet core insert

This topic should go strait to the best of forum, it is asked all the time! How is the preformance of the wb with the quiet core? I have heard that it brings it to the level of a stocker, and I have heard it doesnt hurt the preformance at all.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

If someone types up a well written, accurate, reply... then it will get moved to the "best of" forum.

It needs to be one of the "best" replies to get moved though

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

i have a mojave with a wb on it and it sound good wit the quiet core insert and it has a lil rumbel adn it does get it some POWER you always have to have power but where i live i took my muffler off of my 250 ex and it was loud as heck.....
    my 250ex was stole
    but now i have a kfx700
    and im goin to go get me a new 400ex this summer

I have a supertrapp IDS2 (quiet series) on my 300ex and it's not too loud but it still has that mean sounding rumble. I noticed most of my gains in the low and mid ranges. I realy didn't feel any difference in the top end.

Get the WB s-bend and K&N kilter kit and you ll be all set to burn some rubber
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

Well if the sound level is important to you don't get the White Brothers,Big Gun etc.......... I think you may want to try the supertrapp E.A.R series they seem to be very quiet and give a very noticeable increase in performance.
    Hope this helps.

The400exExorcist
    2000 440 ex Wiseco 440 Kit,HRC Cam,Niks-Pro-X connecting Rod,R/D titanium valve springs,Hinson Clutch Basket, EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit,Pro Design Case Guard,Shaved Fenders,Pro Design Kill Switch,In line Fuel Filter,K&N oil Filter,Motion Pro Clutch and Throttle CablesComplete Cometic Gaskets & Seals,Uni Air Box Vents,Prm-Atv A-Arm & BellyPan Skidplates,Armadillo SwingArmSkidPlate, ,Shockwears,and K&N Filter WB e-series exhaust,Wb RevKit,Renthal Bars,Bandit XC front and rear tires,Sidewinder "survivor" series sprockets16/35 (sometimes stock)gearing and chain,DG Krome-Lite Front Bumper,Free Flow Gas Hose,Dg nerfbars Douglas .190 rims,Factory Effex Graphics Kit,Moose Handlebar Gloves,Red Frame....TONS of polishing... More to come............
    2000 Honda Rancher 2X4
    Ebc Rear Brakes
    1998 Yamaha Banshee(dusts anything) wiseco pistons(430cc)
    FmF fatty pipes & powercore II silencers,Douglas rims,Ohtsu Radial Tires(yes they came off my 440),Dg Nerfbars,and Team Alba Graphics Kit!(she's for sale!)
    97 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    3.3 Liter V6
    Modified Airbox
    99 Dodge Dakota
    5.2 Liter V8(this thing hauls)
    Modded Airbox
    1995 Subaru Impreza AWD
    2.2 Liter 4 cylinder
    Tannabe Style Performance muffler
    DIY Intake
    All Neoned Out...

I suggest a modification to your stock silencer. check out Gabes web page for some ideas. http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/silencer.htm

I cut the spark arrestor screen off, then reached inside the silencer & blew out about 99% of the last baffle plate. Then I reinstalled the end cap. That combined with airbox & sprocket mods has given my 400EX a very low dollar power surge without giving me a headache
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

i used to take the end cap off my stock silencer on my 400 all the time to piss the nieghbors off. i didnt notice and gains anywhere except for noise, but it was fun to do until i snapped off one of the 3 bolts holding it on, anyone know how to get it out? my quad is at the dealer out in Honsedale and maybe he could drill it out for me and put a new one in?

Also about the pipe contrevorsy, i think the PC T-4 is the best, someone on this forum said a little while ago that WB is quieter than PC. not true, my friend has a WB on his 300ex with a quiet core and it was way louder than any pipe i heard. we have a local riding spot near me and alot of skilled riders go down there and the majority of them ride 400's and they have tried every pipe you could think of, and they recommended PC to me.
    86 250r
    PEP LT
    LSR
    AC
    LRD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast