Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ex actually faster than kfx/z?

ex actually faster than kfx/z?

ok yea i was drag racing a kfx 400 with my 400ex and i beat him both times. first time it was by like 25 feet, and the second time, by 10 feet, but on that second run i had accidentally shifted into neutral instead of second. i dont think it was really the rider because of the second drag, and both are stock. so do you think that my 400 is faster than his kfx? and if you go to this thing: http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/400ex.htm and look at the mph's for each gear on the ex and z, it shows higher mph's for each gear on the 400ex, so would that mean it accelerates faster? i have a feeling the 400ex is still the better quad. what do you think?
    2003 4??EX w/: too much stuff to list. im afraid to total the receipts.
    2001 AC ZR600 vev efi le ITS FORSALE
    1995 Chevy S-10 LS 4.3 5speed 6/7 drop with some custom stuff....lowest static in town....

i have a z and a 400ex and i feel that my 400 is faster i never lost to it in a drag race altough i do have some minor mods to my ex pipe cam and piston, it has a 14 tooth front sprocket and still wins on top end

i think its mainly rider, even though i have beat a few z's when we were both stock, actually one had a pipe but it was a dg and i think it slowed it down.
    2007 yfz450
    2011 rancher fpm

Stock for stock a Z will take a 400ex. I had a Cam, Full pipe, 426 kit, and a K&N filter and I could take them by a few quad lengths as long as I could hook up. On pavement I could take them by 4-5 lengths in the 8th mile.
    New hotness:
    2003 Cannibal LE - For Sale.
    www.thebestgen.com

A 400ex will not beat a Z or KFX, if the riders are even. That is a fact. The Z has advantages over the ex like reverse, liquid cooling, dual cams. The 400ex only has one advantage stronger frame. I dont know about you guys but I would take a Z over an EX.
    If you dont ride an R, Why Bother Riding at All?

SS265R
    LRD LSR JB ELKA X-FACTOR TAG RAD SUNSTAR FIBE

I want to give a BIG thank you to Quadpro for all their help in helping me get my R rolling

1988 Toyota 4Runner, 5spd w/ 33x12.5's
    1989 Chevy s10 w/ v8 Conversion, slammed and all the goodies.

the z400 are not at all that good, i can beat my z400 with only pipe jetting and smaller tires... my dad and i both switched back and forth and the ex would always pull the z400...
    the z400 does feel a lot snappier and what not but it sits way to high, and has lots of problems, peronaly i would never buy one again, they are pos...
    they have their ups but they do have a lot of downs !!!!
    yamaha or honda is the only way to go.
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

A 400ex will not beat a Z or KFX, if the riders are even. That is a fact. The Z has advantages over the ex like reverse, liquid cooling, dual cams. The 400ex only has one advantage stronger frame. I dont know about you guys but I would take a Z over an EX.
    i dont think reverse and liquid cooling will really make a difference in a drag race, and the 400ex also has better handling, not just the frame.
    2003 4??EX w/: too much stuff to list. im afraid to total the receipts.
    2001 AC ZR600 vev efi le ITS FORSALE
    1995 Chevy S-10 LS 4.3 5speed 6/7 drop with some custom stuff....lowest static in town....

the kfx/z is faster than the ex if the riders are even. But I still think the ex is a better machine
    The above information may be speculative, based on misinformation, contain inaccurate data or could be entirely tongue-in-cheek...depending on how litigious the reader may be, how much liquor I've consumed and or the read has consumed, or the degree of stupidity and/or gullibility exhibited by any poster/reader I may respond to

the z/kfx's are alot faster than mine, i would actually compare it to a raptor drag racing but maybe my 400 is just going slower b/c of this cobra

Time to Compost this thread

after all, most of this is BS anyway...

stock for stock... the EX does not have a chance...unless the Z has probs.
    Say What You Mean, MEAN WHAT YOU SAY.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast