Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are youngins like me able to race?

What are youngins like me able to race?

Howdy,
    I really would like to know what classes i am able to race in for atvs. I will be 14 in March 2004, im 5 9"... so I am a little big for like a LT 80....hahaha.....What divisions can i race in??? I hope you guys can answer my question...Please

A good class for you to race in is a blaster class/youth production

in youth prod. you can race a 250ex, blaster, or 300ex
    in a blaster class you can race a blaster duh lol
    Katelynn#3

If you are 5' 9" I would recommend the 300EX, however...if you plan on racing nationals, I would hold out and wait til you are 16. I was that big at age 13-14, I got my 250R when I was 14. I say get a 250R, 400EX, of YFZ and race non-sanctioned events, or race sanctioned ones and lie about your age like I did, it's the only way to get anywhere in this sport these days, without dumping a ton of money into an inferior machine and the having to get rid of it in less than 2 years. Modded 250R's go cheap, and so do EX's, but it looks like production is where it's going. If you're gonna race just locally, get a nice 250R.
    -Jason Zittel #73-

Team 373 MX

ATV Scene.com Budget Racer II TRX450R

"I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'...

Thanks to my 2012 Sponsors: Smith Optics, EVS, Globe, Hinson, Tag Metals, Racer X, Outlaw Racing, Pit Posse
    Twin Air

GET SPONSORED NOW!
    MXSponsor.com
    Promo ID: x573jz

you live around IN-70 towards the IN border?

your 5'9

i am 15 and i am only 5'7 i race a yfz450 and woop on guy way bigger than me. all you have to do is make the 14 look alot like a 16 thats all. if your 5'9 you'll have no prob passing as 16. if you get a blaster or 300ex you'll be holding your self back, get a real bike like a yfz or trx 450. if its local you'll have no problem being 14 because they dont check if its a national it a little harder.
    i am 5'7, 117lb and i have no problem.
    go to

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288300171

thats mainly my bike but theres some pictures of me at glamis, no race photos yet. you have to be a imagestation

lets keep in mind that hes still 13 you guys
    Katelynn#3

I was 13 when I bought my Cannondale. Just takes hard work to make the money and alot of skill to ride it.

I am almost 15 and im 6'1 175lbs and I race my 250X in youth production.

Even if your not racing nationals buy one and race youth production at local tracks. Kids dont usually show up but the tracks will usually put me in the "B" class. I think that is your best bet.

Dont cheat the ATVA and lie about your age...thats bullchit for the people that do. Plus you can get suspended for a minimum of a year.

i'm about rdy to turn 15 also...and my bike is as listed below...i am 6' 2'' and 130 pounds...very light and tall...perfect rider ...i was wondering about this also...i can pass for 16 easily...they would be AMA events...and i would be in either the B or A class...would it be a good idea?

Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
    i'm about rdy to turn 15 also...and my bike is as listed below...i am 6' 2'' and 130 pounds...very light and tall...perfect rider ...i was wondering about this also...i can pass for 16 easily...they would be AMA events...and i would be in either the B or A class...would it be a good idea?
    It pisses me off to see people cheat the ATVA or AMA. Race within the age limits. Either wait till your 16 or buy a youth production quad!

Originally posted by roostin_dale
    It pisses me off to see people cheat the ATVA or AMA. Race within the age limits. Either wait till your 16 or buy a youth production quad!
    for 1...dont be pissed off cuz kids under 16 can smoke u in AMA or ATVA events...there shouldnt be limits newayz...all u should need is parent permission...and for 2...i dont want a little small ***** quad like a blaster...u think a 6' 2'' kid is gonna fit on a blaster...hell no

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast