Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head pipe

head pipe

i just ordered a white brothers slip on, and was planing on buying the head pipe for it after i get some more money in a month or so. the whit bros header does not come for the 400ex. all the places ive checked does not have one. does anyone know of a place that has it for the 400 or neother header that will work with my silencer? thanks

The W/B head pipe only works with there full system and you buy it as a packaged "full system". You will have to use another style head pipe. I use the FMF Power bomb with my WB eSeries slipon and it works great. Sorry but W/B doesn't sell a head pipe that works with their slipon.

then why do they sell a head pipe seperatly. Did your fmf head pipe increase your power more than just with the slip on?

i would look at hmf alot nicer then the w.b and you could buy there slip on for lik 209 and buy the header later
    MaTT
    300ex
    white 400ex maier/coustom lengthed works /250R arms painted black,20 inch kenda KlAws, hmf slip on, uni air filter, ac nerfs, renthal fat bars, kenda front mxs , pro design kill switch, coustom skidplates >>> engine work or a new quad
    >xR- 50-joker bar kit, k&n, FmF POWer cORE 2 WElded on to strock header >PINEY POWER
    aim- mx300exshift

i have a pro circuit head pipe it fits my slip on r4 also ive had an e series on it . i have seen two powerbombs crack in two.i do not recomend it. i did not feel a big gain if any with my head pipe.money could be put to better use if you are not already modified.do you have a steering dampener.i feel it was the best mod for the buck.

Originally posted by 4wheelboy
    i would look at hmf alot nicer then the w.b and you could buy there slip on for lik 209 and buy the header later
    the hmf's slip on is the same as the complete silencer?? i thought there would be a larger diameter where the silencer begins with the complete system??
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

so then should i not even bother getting the procircuit head pipe, and just put the slip on, on. also i was planing oon putting high compression piston in sometime in the future and then would it be best to add the head pipe or no?

In general... if you are not mod'ed then the head pipe will do little for performance, and may tend to rob some bottom end. I ran my eSeries on my stock 400 until I bumped it up to a 416, and that is when I got the power bomb. I like the power bomb and it has served me well.

you should of got pro circuit or big gun if you wanted to buy the slip on, then the HEADER

the big gun header does not fit the big gun slip on silencer.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast