Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Win for the 450R

Another Win for the 450R

What a day , This thing rocks. On the front page on Exriders click the link , Noticed all it had done was the ITP tires and white brother exaust , plus its compition in the background had from Pep suspension to aftermarket a-arms cough cough yfz450 cough cough . But I am excited to see what Farr does with it.
    BMR RACING -- 2002 330ex - Yellow - Port and Polished , DMC , Elka Front Shocks , Edelbrock , Works Rear Shock , Wiesco , DG , AC , Burgard , ITP wheels , Holeshot Tires , Renthal, WebCam , Powell 330 Kit, Pc'ed matalic night blue frame and swing arm , Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop , Denton racing Stabilizer, And much much more....

When

Whats up with all the dealers getting postponed arrivals. I am sponsored by two Honda Dealers and both have been pushed back. I also caught wind through the grapevine That a highly ranked GNCC rider did not like the honda, based on its starting method. I hear that a mid pack start would be the norm based on his/her testing.

Anyone actually done the 10sec drill with one?

I bleed red but I think I am turning blue holding my breath!
    www.2fast2crash.com
    2005 450R FOR SALE!

Sponsors:Southen Illinois MotorSports carbondale, IL

These pics are the best that I've seen so far I can't wait to get mine.

I was wanting to know where you found your info on what the gncc rider said about starting the R. I always like to read new stuff good or bad.

Re: When

Originally posted by BUCK442
    I also caught wind through the grapevine That a highly ranked GNCC rider did not like the honda, based on its starting method. I hear that a mid pack start would be the norm based on his/her testing.

Anyone actually done the 10sec drill with one?

I bleed red but I think I am turning blue holding my breath!
    can you expand on what you heard about this?

It wasn't Farr riding it...
    2004 TRX450R - HRC, AC F.Bumper, db Eliminator 2+2, G-Force F/W Spacers.

What pro couldn't win the intermediate class on a stock 450R?? Just as stated on that thread that the same rider won a similar race on a stock YFZ.
    '04 YFZ 450
    '04 TRX 450R - SOLD
    '03 KFX 400 - SOLD
    www.motorsportsofutah.com

By all accounts stated so far the 450R is as easy to start, if not easier, than just about any 250R. Why would pros shy away from a kickstart 450R when many of them still get the holeshot on 250R's that they're kicking now? Trust me, if the 450R came with an optional electric start I'd buy it over the kicker but it's not one of the major deciding factors for me. My priorites are:
    1.) Frame strength
    2.) Motor/tranny reliability
    3.) Handling/braking
    4.) Power/speed

I've formed my opinion of the YFZ and haven't ruled it out. I'm just waiting on some real world results of the TRX for 4-5 months and I'll make my decision.
    2013 KTM 300XC

These are only rumors flying through the racer phone tree. It is all second hand info. I was told that the motor on the crf does not rev out as fast, which I would asume would decrease acceleration response. Yeah the whole kick start is not that big of a deal, especially in mx but in xc having a get off and a quick restart is very important, just 15-20 secs can put you mid pack. These guys in the GNCC races now are flying and once they get outta site good luck.
    Sad to say I priced the yami today OTD price was 6979.00 thats is 6499 base which is 400 under retail, think thats a good deal?

Oh yeah, I can take it home tommarow!
    www.2fast2crash.com
    2005 450R FOR SALE!

Sponsors:Southen Illinois MotorSports carbondale, IL

Originally posted by BUCK442

Sad to say I priced the yami today OTD price was 6979.00 thats is 6499 base which is 400 under retail, think thats a good deal?

Oh yeah, I can take it home tommarow!
    I would shop around. Dont know how far you are from St Louis, but some of the rural dealers on the missouri side are making pretty good deals.

thats about what I paid for mine buck.

IL sales tax is too high.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast