Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX450R Honda MX Debut at Glen Helen

Originally posted by TCracin440ex
    tru..but u can kick the bike harder than what that e-start will turn it.....so u can run a higher comp ratio....iv heard that 400ex's with 440ex's and high comp ratios are really hard to start the starter will barely turn them over
    I've never had any problems with my ex turing my motor over. But i think kick eliminates a lot of problems that may occur like, replacing brushes in a starter, getting a new battery and such.

Wink starting a 465 stroker

I have a 465ex stroker with 2 stage cam and everything else you can think of. My ex starts up as soon as I push that button!
    I doubt Honda will dominate like they did 15 years ago. But, the fact still remains, When Honda builds something its always top notch. Honda Rules and always will.

Faster,

You got your YFZ under msrp correct? Why would you assume that the TRX would not be any different? When it comes out we will see what people are really paying for them.

Also, around here is Nor Cal its more like 7800 OTD for a YZF (includes 8.25% sales tax and all the other crap they add on), you got a smokin deal for yours.
    --------------------
    2003 400ex mildly tuned
    "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava.....forget about it man, they're gone!!!!!"

Re: Good for Honda, Bad for Competition

Originally posted by mudspot440
    It's great that the TRX450 made it out and won, but why is it that Cain Smead continues to race in the Intermediate class? he has a pro license and always wins.

Granted Cain rides fairly stock bikes, but Dirt Wheels mag gives them to him to race and he comes out to spank the local INTERMEDIATE riders... he always says "yes, i'm a pro, but i'm on a stock bike"

is that fair? I bet Kory could beat most everyone on a fricken Blaster.

the TRX450R may be a GREAT bike, but don't be so impressed that a PRO beat a bunch of Intermediate riders...

No hard feelings Cain, i'm just being the devils advocate... i look forward to banging bars with you again.. in the Expert Class

oh ya, i'm buying a YFZ.. anyone want to buy a 440ex fully built? ($6000... www.400ex.com )

im not impressed either, i should have a yfz in my shop by the weekend unless something goes terribly wrong

I think the 450r look pretty cool, but also just seems like a 400ex with a CRF engine in it. I dont see how the footpegs and whatnot give you more room, plus I only weigh 125 so that not an issue. The YFZ is nothing to crazy either besides a fast motor, bottom line either quad will need plenty of other stuff to to be competitive, I just assume get a 400ex for cheap and trick it otu and be ahead of the ballgame. If I was financing a quad then I might consider the 450r or YFZ

Originally posted by pnut420
    I think the 450r look pretty cool, but also just seems like a 400ex with a CRF engine in it. I dont see how the footpegs and whatnot give you more room, plus I only weigh 125 so that not an issue. The YFZ is nothing to crazy either besides a fast motor, bottom line either quad will need plenty of other stuff to to be competitive, I just assume get a 400ex for cheap and trick it otu and be ahead of the ballgame. If I was financing a quad then I might consider the 450r or YFZ
    yfz is more competitive than my 416 is...yfz bone stuck with spark arrestor removed that is....the way it corners and the power

a 400ex...if u wanna be serious dont waste your money, a year ago id say go for it, id rather have a stock yfz than most 400exs

Well... I wont be buying either of them. I want to wait for the Suzuki 450! I think that will be the highest performing 450 on the market when it hits. I want to get a DVX400 (arctic cat model) when i turn 15 or so, but if the suzuki 450 is out, i'll be getting it instead. But so far im highly impressed with the 450r and the yfz450... just want to wait for tha good ole suzuki!
    2005 TRX450r

Awesome stuff Harlen! I am loving the new pics and info. You da man, lol!
    #85 406EX mx ready--not as good as it once was, but it was good once as it ever was!

Thank you:
    McCann's Powder Coating: parts, powdercoating, tech help

McNett Performance: suspensions, setups, parts, fabrications

Originally posted by FASTeR
    wont look to manly at the start of a gncc when your already behind.

Kick start quads pulled the Holeshot on the PRO starts @ nearly every 03 -GNCC & I'm sure a lot of local distict races!

Originally posted by Out_Sider
    Well... I wont be buying either of them. I want to wait for the Suzuki 450! I think that will be the highest performing 450 on the market when it hits. I want to get a DVX400 (arctic cat model) when i turn 15 or so, but if the suzuki 450 is out, i'll be getting it instead. But so far im highly impressed with the 450r and the yfz450... just want to wait for tha good ole suzuki!
    Quoting a Suzuki Rep. "Yes we are making an RM450 bike, but we have no intentions of releasing a 450 quad anytime soon."

Just go buy a yfz or trx so youre not waiting for nothing.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast