Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX450R Honda MX Debut at Glen Helen

Needless to say, I was really impressed with the way it looked on the track. Not only did it look great, but Cain rode it like he had it for a while. He started near last, but was able to pick off one modified YFZ after another with ease. If I wasn't there, I would have had a hard time believing it myself. I must point out that Cain does have Pro license, but I still believe the 450R is going to be a very competitive machine right off the showroom floor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

I really liked this picture!
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

The suspension in the Front compressed all the way on alot of the jumps, which is good because it is using all the available travel. I have heard one negative rumor that some of the front shocks have failed during testing. I guess we will have to wait and see if this is true.

Originally posted by EXriders Admin
    I really liked this picture!
    That's the same view that alot will have this coming year.

hehe....I just had to say it.

That's what I love to see. Slap a pipe and some tires on it and you're ready to race, AND be competitive. That to me is the definition of Pro-Production.
    05 450R
    02 400EX
    02 Kasea 90

This pictures give a good example of what I mean about the positioning of the Footpegs, Seat, and Handlebars. Cain looks to be fairly comfortable in his race crouch on the 450R and he is about 6' tall. I have noticed taller YFZ guys having to lean over more for the handlebars. Again, this could be corrected with the a new stem and different handlebars on the YFZ. I personally think they are both great machines, but if the TRX450R had an electric start, I personally wouldn't even consider the YFZ. Again, this is my early judgement, and the TRX may have problems crop up which might chance my impression, but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, Cain proved to me that the TRX450R was very competitive off the showroom floor by finishing the 1st Moto in 2nd Place and Winning the last Moto in the 30+ Class. In its first MX race against a class full of modified Fourstroke Quads, The TRX450R was Victorous! That was Impressive! For the Record, Cain Smead also won the 30+ Intermediate Class in Round 6 on a YFZ450. He is a very talented racer.

The TRX450R has already won the Baja and now its first MX race and it hasn't even been publicly released yet! I will be getting two of these bad boys. One to keep stock and one to modifiy! Come on Honda, HURRY UP!!! I can't take it any longer!

Congratulations Cain on your Overall in the 30+ Class, and I can't wait to read your article!

Closeup View of the Front! I originally didn't like the way it looked, but it is starting to grow on me.

Side Angle Front View

Angle View!

I like the way the front fenders are removable, but I don't know how well they will hold up to a heavy load of mud on them from a race.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast