Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: TRX450R Honda MX Debut at Glen Helen

Originally posted by Controversial
    i know of at least 3-4 guys who had trannies go, thats locally i cant imagine nationally
    maybe those 3-4 guys were really hard on there transmisions
    08 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab
    05 Black CBR600RR w/ a yosh
    03 Yellow 400ex w/ a pipe and shiat
    98 Green TRX300 stock
    Originally posted by scramblerracer
    Sorry-I get all of my info about canadians from south park.

ANY quad can be broken, there are no immortal transmissions or motors. More often than not, proper maintenance is the difference between an "reliable" machine and an "unreliable" machine. True, there are those few model years that have had problems, such as the early year Raptors. Frame failures are going to happen if you routinely hit 60-90 ft jumps. I have seen EX frames darn near fold in half that were not properly gusseted, same with Suzukis.

Any quad that is intended to be raced is going to have more transmission failures/ frame failures than a quad designed to be trail ridden because of the stress put on them.

Scott

look they build frames to a fine line of strength to flexability. they can build you a frame that wont break if ya want to drive a tank.

Originally posted by TGW_400ex
    maybe those 3-4 guys were really hard on there transmisions
    you cant be hard on a tranny

im just making the point everything breaks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Controversial
    [B]you cant be hard on a tranny

thats what i tell the guy who fixes my tranny's lol

It dont take much to wreck a tranny just miss a gear a couple times or hit a jump and land with your foot on the shifter and you can have all kinds of troubles.Break a tooth off a gear and let it float around in there for a while and you will have a big mess.Honda Yamaha Kawasaki Cannondale Suzuki they all will have problems.I have repaired trannys from just about everything that has two wheels or 3 wheels or 4.Racing as long as i have i cant even tell you what i broke trannies cranks case halves valves cams pistons and so on and on and on.Just ask any pro rider some of the stuff he broke and he will have a list that goes on forever. On the gas and full blast things will break even if you are easy on them.We could start a new post on stuff that racers had broke and it would be the 80 pages long .Yamaha Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Cannondale Polaris they are all well built machines but nothing is unbreakable and if you think yours is you atre so wrong.Ride what you have and enjoy it life is to short.....Chris
    Kasper Racing
    Mikes Cycle Shop

XFR Extreme fabrication racing

Originally posted by ckasper18
    It dont take much to wreck a tranny just miss a gear a couple times or hit a jump and land with your foot on the shifter and you can have all kinds of troubles.Break a tooth off a gear and let it float around in there for a while and you will have a big mess.Honda Yamaha Kawasaki Cannondale Suzuki they all will have problems.I have repaired trannys from just about everything that has two wheels or 3 wheels or 4.Racing as long as i have i cant even tell you what i broke trannies cranks case halves valves cams pistons and so on and on and on.Just ask any pro rider some of the stuff he broke and he will have a list that goes on forever. On the gas and full blast things will break even if you are easy on them.We could start a new post on stuff that racers had broke and it would be the 80 pages long .Yamaha Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Cannondale Polaris they are all well built machines but nothing is unbreakable and if you think yours is you atre so wrong.Ride what you have and enjoy it life is to short.....Chris
    Best post on this entire thread..

Scott

Originally posted by Scottie Mac
    Best post on this entire thread..

Scott
    Agreed.
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450 SE

'02 Houser/TC/PEP/Laeger/RPM/ YZ426 (gone)

Originally posted by ckasper18
    I dont know about Polaris tho they break just sitin there
    08 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab
    05 Black CBR600RR w/ a yosh
    03 Yellow 400ex w/ a pipe and shiat
    98 Green TRX300 stock
    Originally posted by scramblerracer
    Sorry-I get all of my info about canadians from south park.

thats all i have to say
    I live every day as if it were my last because one of these days it will be

If your not living on the edge your taking up to much space

"olny those who risk going to far will find out how far one can actually go"

Pigs are olny good if they are smoked

Don't you yell at me i got felings to you know

if you want to talk to me you make a ****ing appointment
    for sale
    2002 honda 400ex
    full fmf pipe
    hot cam
    high comp. piston (11:1)
    BRAND NEW HOLESHOT XCT
    renthals
    rev box
    must go asap