Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX450R Honda MX Debut at Glen Helen

TRX450R Honda MX Debut at Glen Helen

When I arrived at Glen Helen, I quickly heard that the TRX450R was going to be raced today. At first, I was unphased because I figured someone had seen a CRF450 and assumed it was the New TRX450R. Soon enough, I found out that indeed the rumor was true! Dirt Wheels Magazine editor Cain was going to race the 450R in the ITP Quadcross for an upcoming article. When I went to find him, He was already on the line ready to Race!

Obviously, I was eagerly awaiting to start capturing the TRX450R in its First MX race.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Cain was racing the 450R in the 30+ Class against plenty of highly modified YFZ, Z, KFX, 250R, and 400EX quads. I really didn't anticipate the 450R to be competitive when its only performance modification was a White Brothers Exhaust. It didn't even have the Honda Hop-up kit installed.

Off the line, the 450R was near last, which could be expected from someone who hasn't had a chance to learn the power delivery of a unfamilar ATV.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Cain looked extremely comfortable on the 450R right from the start. He didn't look as scrunged up on the TRX as some of the other racers did on the YFZ. The foot peg location to the seat and handlebars looked to be better suited for a larger racer.

It easily carved the turns with the ITP Holeshot tires that it had installed.

WHOAAAAAAA!!!!!!! that is like so wicked awesome, like im like speechless
    2005 TRX450r

Jumping wise, the TRX450R seemed jump and land smoothly. The shocks seemed to be a little soft for a larger racer, but I never saw any erratic rebounds or rear end swapping in the whoops.

Cain was able to fly around this huge sweeping turn!

It had plenty of power to pull the steep uphills at Glen Helen with Speed!

Check Out the Rear Tail light. I thought it was pretty cool looking!

After staring at this picture for a while, I really started wishing I had mine already

any more pics?? i'm really stoked about this!
    2005 TRX450r

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast