Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filtered Airbox Vents

Cool Filtered Airbox Vents

This is how I have installed them. I may add some more. Use a flat 1" wood bit to make the holes, take your time, drilling through thin plastic is tricky. I super-glued them in and oiled the filters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

knight

Those look pretty good. Where did you get them from and how much were they? I am interested in modding the airbox, but I am worried about water getting in. These just may be the ticket.
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

I got them from www.denniskirk.com They were $8.99 for 6. Your local dealer maybe stocks them (I doubt it) or could order them also.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

what's with the bolts coming out the back of your lid?
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Arrow

The bolts are tire air valves. The guy I bought the quad off of installed them. The idea is to put the cap on when going through the wet stuff. It's not a bad idea, but the airhole it makes is way too small in my opinion.

Originally posted by knighttime
    The bolts are tire air valves. The guy I bought the quad off of installed them. The idea is to put the cap on when going through the wet stuff. It's not a bad idea, but the airhole it makes is way too small in my opinion.
    LOL...........the guy you bought the quad from thought he was increasing his airflow with them???????whatever he was smoking, I only want 1/2 of a hit

your airbox vents look & work WAY better than his idea
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Thumbs up

I have the filtered air box vents on mine. they work pretty well. You have to clean them more than the filter though. They get dirty quick. I got mine at my local dealer (they actually stock them!!!) for around 8 bucks. Mine are made by UNI.
    2001 Red 400EX
    AC chassis and swingarm skids, shockwears, Uni filter and airbox mod, 165 main 40 pilot jet, WB E-series, alloy bars cr bend, WB blockoff, yz lever and perch, GCD (tinner's) air scoops.

Other ATV'S
    01' Scrambler 500 (for sale)

Arrow I got them

Ive got them, and I havent noticed any change in how fast the filter gets dirty...
    80 horsepower engines on 300 pound frames... Thats like having 2000 horsepower in your family car.

STOLEN: 1995 TRX300EX *Cobra JET Exhaust *K&N Air Filter *.040 overbore with high comp piston and Porting *Works Suspension *Sunstar 14/36 Aluminum Sprockets *Web Full-Race Cam, Valves, and Springs *AC Nerf Bars *DG Baja Swingarm plate *Renthal "RM bend" Handlebars *Motion Pro Twist Throttle *Scott Comp2 Grips *Ceet gripper seat cover *Hotwire Ignition Wires *Filtered Airbox Vents *20X10X9 Titan Fast Trekker Rear tires

i bought them then decided not to use them..but none of my friends will take them

I've been running them myself now for awhile too. The small filter vents DO get dirty under dusty conditions. Which they should, if they are doing their job. Well worth the $8 in my opinion... Also if you do ALOT of water runs/deep mud runs...go out and buy another airbox lid. I picked one up for $7 at my dealer...

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast