Thread: Big Bores???

Question Big Bores???

I've been saving my money to purchase a big bore kit. I've been looking at the different company's. I've mainly found CT, Sparks racing, and Powroll. Is there really that much of a difference between all of the different kits? I have noticed a huge difference in price range between all that I have found. If they all deliver 440cc's to the engine, 440 is a 440 right?
    Or is horse power the thing to look for when purchasing a kit?
    I'm a little inexperienced when it comes to large engine modifications.

Thanks for your input,

Mitch McComb
    -2004 Polaris ATP330
    -2001 Honda 400EX
    -1988 Kawasaki Tecate-4
    -1987 Suzuki LT250R **<--For Sale**
    -1986 Honda Trx 125
    -1984 Honda Trx 200
    -1984 Suzuki LT50 **<-- For Sale**

i would go with sparks racing cause they use good sleeves that don't taper down and crack like alot of the kits will. It may be more expensive though cause the modify the cases

Sparks Racing all the way. They seem to be the best. I would get most of the stuff for extra reliabilty too.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

I don't know who Magic Racing gets there big bore kits from. But as far as I can see there good, and have yet to heard of one that cracked from them. There prices are always pretty good too. Oh ya and there in Michigan. The kit with all the trimmings (cam,o/s valves, hardened rockers ect.) cost under 1300$. If you have them do all your work I think its about an extra 150$.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~