Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 400ex hmf slipon ers

400ex hmf slipon ers

what main jet do you guys run with an hmf slip and and an airfilter. im going to put a 42 pilot but i got a 175, 180 and 185 main with the pipe so do you think one of these will work or do i have to buy others. thanks, i know this topic is discussed too much but i know everyones pipe/jetting specs are different..thanks guys

btw im almost positve hmf recomends a 175 but ill take your advice too

well, check out my sig for mods but I'm running-
    Dynojet 175MJ(from DS650 kit)
    DJ needle at 3rd position with clip under the E clip.
    45 pilot
    fuel screw 3 1/2
    -darren
    I ride a 440ex-
    JE, Hotcam, Hinson, Barnett, HMF, FMF, Douglas, Maier, Elka, FCR, Lonestar Racing Ceet, Renthal..... buncha other crap that makes it fast and such.

THANKS TO-Fellow exriders' hook ups, Pappy's Performance Coatings

MSN- Darrenkaiser@hotmail.com
    Daredevil416ex@yahoo.com...

crap, you run a 175 with all those mods and i was thinking my stock 400ex with the hmf slip on would be good with a 175...hmm thanks for the info though, anyone else

I'm running a 142 DJ with no other motor mods. Airbox lid on.

I think you don't even have to change the main jet if you still have the air box lid on.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

im runin what it says but i didnt move the clip all the way down and im runnin a 165 normal jet no dynojets. And its still rich.

When i had a HMF slip on i was runing a 148 main DJ with the air fuel screw 2-1/2 turns out and air box lid off. I tried a 155 main but it was too rich on the bottom and seemed like it leaned out on the top end .
    02 yellow 400ex
    Ross 416 piston
    Curtis Sparks exhaust
    Race ported head by (SORE RACING)
    sparks cam
    K&N filter
    OMF Scoops
    DG nerfs
    AC front bumper
    Moose handle bars
    Motion pro clutch cable
    Klaws 20x6x10 and 18x10.5x9's

Soon to have Paddles

well when i get the pipe im going to put it on but leave everything there like the airbox lid and stock jets. if it runs good ill leave it for alittle bit until i go get some smaller jets and do some airbox mods because i was recomended 175 180 and 185 mains so i ordered them but it looks like there will be no need to use them . if it doesnt run good, even with the lid and everything still on im just going to drill holes in the lid then jet it to those mods

are those the jets they recomend? my jetting is in my sig. and i dont think im that far off. good luck
    Red 02' 400EX Wiseco 11:1 Stk bore, Web Cam "Sturdivant" grind, HMF slip-on, ground header, 160MJ 42PJ screw-3 turns out, K&n, outerware, Sparks advance key, alum. diamond tread air box, aux. oilcooler, Arens nerfs, bling bling by Pappy

Red 04' 300EX HMF slip-on, K&n, outerware, Gt Thunder velocity stack

well on the site it recomends the 175mj 3.5 turns on the air/fuel mixture screw and raise the needle to first clip but for some reason it seems like everyones is alittle lower. im gonna see what it does with stock jets and airbox lid on and if it runs like crap ill drill some holes in the lid, get some smaller main jets to mess with, and just try to do it right.

btw i got my pipe tonight in the mail and boy its perty. im going to wait to put it on until after christmas though.

I settled on a 150 MJ, 3 turns out on the screw, stock air box w/ K&N. It's a little rich on the bottom end, but good on top. Thats at 2000 feet. At the coast I go to a 160 MJ.
    2001 400EX
    HMF Slip on
    Lots of PRM Aluminum
    EHS Lid

2004 450R
    HRC Kit
    PRM skids
    HMF Full System
    13 Tooth Front Sprocket

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast