Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any ice racers?

any ice racers?

Any ice racers out there (funny question in the middle of the summer, eh?)...

Looking for setup tips/ideas/hints for this winters racing season. I know studded ice tires are a must, I also plan on adding a durablue lowering kit to the front + rear, along with a swaybar for the front. Any other must haves or helpfull hints on machine/suspension setup?

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Leo I race TT so setup is about the same as for ice I assume. I put the Durablue rear adjustable strut under my bike.(Makes it easy to return to stock height). Up front I bought some used Banshee shocks, they work better than the lowering kit with stock shocks. You will need to file the top of the shock to fit in the ex mount. As for the swaybar get a Durablue, more expensive but better quality than Rands or Lonestar.
    Last edited by wyndzer; 08-03-2001 at 06:03 AM.
    2004 YFZ 450-- Couple of usefull options--
    http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

AtvNC.com Race Team

I was planning on the durablue adjustable strut.. You can adjust it back to factory height without actually removing it right?

As far as the front I was just going to use the durablue lowering brackets, I know there not the best setup in the world, but for relatively flat ice racing I'm assuming they would be OK?

I'm also looking at the durbablue swaybar, while at the races last year it looked to be far superior to the other ones I saw (unless I find some ambition and make one).

Thanks for the tips.

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Question

So you plannin to race ice Leo? I have never seen this, could ya send some pics if ya do??
    2004 Yellow 400EX
    Pro Wedge 2 tires on ITP alluminum Rims

Ride Red or Ride Home!

RacingCentral.itgo.com
    AOL IM Name:stevengates45

sure will, they actually have like a 6 race series in here.. great turnout last year, we went and watched a few races and decided that we had to try it :devil

Leo

So, this is drag racing, or what??
    2004 Yellow 400EX
    Pro Wedge 2 tires on ITP alluminum Rims

Ride Red or Ride Home!

RacingCentral.itgo.com
    AOL IM Name:stevengates45

ice racing is normally an oval on a frozen lake. :blah
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

the races up here they typically set up two tracks, one is roughly a 1/2 mile oval, the other is more like a road race type course (both left and right hand corners) and much longer.. both look like a blast :devil

Leo

hey leo, one extremely helpful tip of advice for ice racing. is i would definatly buy the tire studs now and buy alot of them, because in the winter no matter how many places you go to they are all sold out of them. what happened to me last year is i lost studs on my tires and replaced them and then i lost some more, so on an so on, i ran out of studs and lost a noticeable amount of traction. just my 2 cents.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

I ran into the same problem last year.. Tried to get my tires / studs like 2 weeks before the races... ha!

I'm trying to get everything ready now, so I won't have that problem this year

Thanks for the tip.

Leo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast