Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: larger oil tank??

Lightbulb larger oil tank??

i own a 400ex and the oil tank is cracked.

im gettin the 465 kit in like 15 days so it wouldnt hurt to get a larger oil tank anyway.

does anyone know of a type? what kind?

and is the one DG makes larger>?

thanx

Pingry`s makes a larger oil tank. I don`t know how much it is. Who are you getting the 465 kit from?
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

im getting the 465 from curtis sparks..
    and does pingry have a site or anything?
    thanx

Are you getting the complete kit for $3429? I don`t know about a site. Magic Racing sells Pingry products, so you could call and ask them.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

the pingry oversized oil tank claims to run 8 - 10 degrees cooler.you can get one at www.magicracing.com for $249.95.

I put a Pingry oil tank on my 400 last week, very nice part. I ordered it direct, use google for your search engine and type in Pingry Pro Design found there site there.

http://www.ppdracing.com

nice looking stuff, but wow! it's not cheap

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Oil cooler

How about a larger cooler? does anyone make one and would that help?

Ya I was wondering about the oil cooler too. I saw a Transmission cooler the other day that had the holes for your hoses at the bottom, just like the 400ex does. I wonder if you could use a transmission cooler to replace your oil cooler? Anyone know?
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Wink

I was told that a power steering cooler off of a Ford Ranger will work. I haven't tried it yet, buy if you find a trany cooler that is slightly larger I don't see any reason it won't work. Let us know what you get it off of.
    I heard that Hardbody sells larger oil tanks also, cheaper than Pingly.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast