Thread: spark plug socket- ?

spark plug socket- ?

i bought my 400 used so no tool kit , i have a friend with an 03 and who rounded out the honda socket trying to get it to work and have been told to get a socket for a fourtrax 300 and its better and the same size, but i bought one from pro design and its too long to get on the plug without taking off the white plate under the gad tank and everything on top of it , so i can t imagine u should hage to go thru that everytime u change a plug ,so is the stock 400 socket ok and that guy was just a D.A
    or what
    thanks

The 400EX tools are available as OEM replacement parts.

89217-KB7-940 WRENCH, BOX (P18) $9.16 $9.16

Or, can you cut the one you have?
    2000 400EX

Sparks X-6
    39MM FCR
    Fastline lines
    Magura Hydraulic Clutch
    Holeshots on Red Labels
    Renthal Bars
    Steering Stem, Vibe Damp, +1"

Honda TRX450ER
    Special Edition Black on Red frame
    Bars, Nerfs, Bumpers, Skids...
    Holeshots on black rims

I use a 18 mm socket its a little hard to get on there but it works and you need a kind of long one and a extension helps.
    99 400ex, Graydon Proline Silencer/Headpipe, Jet kit, Turf Tamers on back, Holeshots in front, K&N Air Fillter, Moose Handlebars, DG Nerf Bars. 416 on the way

I've actually seen these at my local ace hardware store. I was very suprised, might want to check there.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

you can get them cheap at your local accessory dirt bike shop.i picked three of them went outside tryed them and purchased the best one.the mfg of the tool was called trick.you know like the generic levers that break every time you fall.if you dont fall over on the socket it should be ok.also im sure you could get one from motion pro

Check atv junkyards near you. I have a tool kit that I pulled out of our hondaa 250sx three wheeler, works perfect for the 300ex. Plug wrench works perfect for me.
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425